Hello.

Info, pictures, advice...
BlitzPig

Hello.

Post by BlitzPig »

Thought I'd introduce myself.

Been shooting a long time, with primary interest in collecting and shooting military surplus,though I have modern stuff as well.

No stranger to the 9X18 as I also own a Bulgarian Makarov and a Vz 82.

Picked up my first P64 this weekend after a long time of admiring them.

Fired it this morning the first time, 50 rounds of Brown Bear, shot without problems. I was surprised at the accuracy for such a short pistol, and even more surprised at the very light single action trigger pull. Mine measures out at 3.5lbs. on my RCBS gauge. We won't discuss the double action pull... :lol:

I have the Wolff mainspring kit inbound so we will talk of the DA pull after I install the new spring.

Take care all, and I have already found a wealth of info here that has been useful.

Terry
A conquering army on the border will not be stopped by eloquence. Otto von Bismarck
Docmow1

Re: Hello.

Post by Docmow1 »

Hi Terry and welcome to the board. I'm new as well and have found lots of great info here. I bought my P64 a couple of weeks back and have fallen in love with it. I was looking for a good ccw and after lots of research, selected the P64. I have no regrets and have put about 500 rounds of Silver Bear through it. The feels right for me. I've been shooting for the past 30 years and this is my first "unusual" gun. I have the standards in my arsenal - S&W 19, Sig 9 mil, Browning Buck Mark, 1911, CZ 40 cal. I had an S&W 38 special lightweight as my ccw, but is wasn't fun to shoot and accuracy was a problem too.

Let me know how the new springs work out. I haven't done that yet, but I like the way my P64 shoots now....don't want to screw that up!

Take care.
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." -Unknown