J&G Sale on P-64's

Info, pictures, advice...
Byrd

J&G Sale on P-64's

Post by Byrd »

J&G sales has P-64's on sale for $149, down from $179...I want more!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
The Only Sarge

Re: J&G Sale on P-64's

Post by The Only Sarge »

You know I support JG as much as I can....mainly because of their litigation on behalf of the 2nd Amendment rights ....but man they irritate me with the way they price their C&R pistols with one mag and the "extra" mag is $20.
All others include the 2nd magazine in their pricing.

I just find it sorta misleading. A further source of my backside pain with them (J&G) is their shipping cost. AIM/Wideners/SOG all ship for $10 bucks per pistol cheaper than J&G.

So when the smoke clears and you get everything apples to apples, J&G is the same price delivered with 2 magazines as the others with their "sale" price.

It shouldn't bother me like it does....but I find it sorta "smoke and mirrors".

I bet I get over it :)
superferrite

Post by superferrite »

Yeah, and us Zonies have to pay tax!
It is fun to go to Prescott and buy from their showroom (which is pretty small, considering).
Also, Prescott Brewing company is not too far!
bil

Post by bil »

In the past I've ordered from both AIM and J&G.
I went to AIM this morning. Their P-64 was $179.95 with 2 mags, plus $26.25 s&h.
J&G's P-64 was $149.95 (yesterday was $179.95) plus $19.95 extra mag, plus $22.95 s&h.
$206.25 vs. $192.85. $13.40 difference.
No contest. Ordered just now from J&G.... :D
Glad to be here, waiting for my P-64.....!
bil
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Now do not get me wrong here fella's.....I dont want anybody busting an ankle bracelet here.....or getting a run in their panty hose.....I am not bashing JG at all...I am merely saying it irritates me over the extra magazine that isnt extra at all.

Secondly I received today another CZ82 from AIM and the shipping was 10.XX...so I dont understand the difference in shipping but that is what I paid friend.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

My C&R just expired on the 1st. I didn't renew because now I travel and am never home to sign for deliveries. Of course J&G would do this now.

POLISH P64 9X18 MILITARY PISTOLS, ONLY $149.95- NEW SALE PRICE !!

These nice little pistols are now on sale for a limited time! Get a piece of military firearm history with the purchase of the Polish P64 semi auto handgun. The Polish P64's were designed in the 1950's by the Polish military and went into service in the 1960's. This 9x18 caliber pistol is Curio & Relic eligible and priced to move at $149.95 each! (Marked down from $179.95). They feature a blued steel finish, decocker safety, loaded chamber indicator, and one 6 round magazine. These pistols are in overall very good condition and will show some finish wear. Do not miss out on this great special while supplies last!

Purchase a Polish P64 here:
www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/products_id/5863
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

Mine's on the little brown truck now! :mrgreen:
bil

Post by bil »

WayniacKT wrote:Mine's on the little brown truck now! :mrgreen:
Mine, too! :D
Scheduled for Wednesday delivery so gotta be home to sign. No Problem-o!!!!! :lol:
sksman

Post by sksman »

Thinking of picking one up today (just don't know if I should go with J&G or not). Quick newb question. Should I pay the extra cost for a "hand select" model, or just take my chances? I mean, I might just pay the $20 more at AIM for there "overall excellent" ones...
I'll admit it, I'm a Commie arms lover.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Sometimes I think the "hand select" is the greatest marketing gimmick ever created.

Statistically I find it to be moot when I am told they will take 4-5 guns, out of say 300, and I will get the best (visual only) one out of that small insignificant group. I have never done it and have never been disappointing at all with the gun I received.

The profit margins are not all that great and $10 bucks represents a significant percentage of profit for a minimum of effort. Goes straight to the bottom line.
sksman

Post by sksman »

The Only Sarge wrote:Sometimes I think the "hand select" is the greatest marketing gimmick ever created.

Statistically I find it to be moot when I am told they will take 4-5 guns, out of say 300, and I will get the best (visual only) one out of that small insignificant group. I have never done it and have never been disappointing at all with the gun I received.

The profit margins are not all that great and $10 bucks represents a significant percentage of profit for a minimum of effort. Goes straight to the bottom line.

Thanks The Only Sarge. I won't do it. I've never ordered a firearm from J&G before, so I'm not sure of the level of quality I'll get. When I ordered my Bulgy Mak from SOG, they're "good condition" was like new. Guess I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill :-)
I'll admit it, I'm a Commie arms lover.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

J&G is a really great resource and ethical as they come.
Classic Arms and AIM also are very good people.
You will be happy.
Go buy a bucket and a gallon of Mineral Spirits :)
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

The Little Brown Truck delivered my new bundle of joy yesterday. She's a beut.
You guys are not kidding about that trigger pull,... wow.
Hoping my springs will be in soon so i can dress her and take her to the range soon.

Now I've gotta get a holster. 8)

Cheers,
Wayniac
pat.jopling@agr.com

Post by pat.jopling@agr.com »

The Only Sarge.... MMMMmmmm. Well if we look at J&G and 'multiple pricing' scenarios...yes...if you want a holster, hand picked, with extra mags...they give you a price to pay for each 'assessory'. And, it will eventually add up to 'other's' unit pricing 'as advertised' with an extra mag, extra nice gun and the holster. So...pay your money,,,make you choice.

However...If you don't want hand picked, alreay have an extra mag or don't want one, and the holster won't do what you want, you can get a nice piece form J&G at the 'reduced' price for the pistol all by itself. Like me, I wanted a P64, no frills, no holster, no extra mag, to throw in my truck glove box and just live there until needed. So's i cut the extras, cut the price and got what I wanted and needed at the lower price!

What they are offering is pricing 'flexibilty'. Pick your need, pick your price.

Nose Dive

Good, Fast, Cheap. Kindly pick two.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I just said it irritated me not lets burn down J&G :)