Homemade Strut Washer

Info, pictures, advice...
The Only Sarge

Homemade Strut Washer

Post by The Only Sarge »

Got a "new" P64 from AIM Surplus. Went to change the springs and no strut washer. Who knows?

Anyway...the perfect solution is a rivet sleeve. I am not a rivet expert so forgive my verbiage here. The rivet has a "nail" and a "sleeve" the nail goes through. I used the sleeve portion. Pull the rivet sleeve out and it is the perfect diameter. Cut it to length (about 1/4"-5/16" I would guess) and it is perfect. Sanded it smooth and in business.

EDIT:
I guess a picture is worth a thousand words huh? :)
Byrd

Re: Homemade Strut Washer

Post by Byrd »

Good idea, thanks for the tip. I thought I was going to need it! Yesterday I took the slide apart & stoned/polished the cylinder for the decocked & the tip & sided of the detent pin...what a bear to get back together!

Got home from work today & my Wolff springs are here, so I dis assembled the lower end (part of it) & installed the 18lb hammer spring. Once during assembly it slipped & I thought for sure that little washer was a goner! I got lucky & found it, so now my P64 has a working decocker & decent double action trigger pull. Life is good! I want another one now!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
Legally Armed

Re: Homemade Strut Washer

Post by Legally Armed »

Byrd wrote:Good idea, thanks for the tip. I thought I was going to need it! Yesterday I took the slide apart & stoned/polished the cylinder for the decocked & the tip & sided of the detent pin...what a bear to get back together!

Got home from work today & my Wolff springs are here, so I dis assembled the lower end (part of it) & installed the 18lb hammer spring. Once during assembly it slipped & I thought for sure that little washer was a goner! I got lucky & found it, so now my P64 has a working decocker & decent double action trigger pull. Life is good! I want another one now!
i did one of my p64's myself, but for the second, i got my son to help. was 10x easier for me to hold the gun with one hand, push the mag release and spring up into position, and have him slide a punch in the hole when it's all lines up. did it quick on the first try that way. i then just put the pin in from the other side and removed the punch. GREAT SUCCESS!