Blue wonder Armadillo....how to apply.

Info, pictures, advice...
115grfmj

Post by 115grfmj »

Okay folks after reading the glowing reports of this stuff, I decided to buy myself some for my blued guns. When I opened the package, I was surprised
to find the stuff was as solid as a rock ........how on god's green earth do you apply this stuff???? After Degreasing my p64 I tried rubbing it on to the surface, and it got all flaky an was near impossible to buff out. I tried useing a damp rag, as they suggested, and that didn't really work either I was never confident I was getting enough on, plus the idea about putting somethin on a blued gun with water doesn't seem right to me .

I want this stuff to work, it seems so logical as a protectant. But how in the halibut, do you put it on........I know I'm doing it wrong somehow(puts on dunce cap ).

Also how do you get it into all the nooks and crannies of a auto pistol.

Last question is would this make a good lube for the rails?

Thanks folks.

115grfmj
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

If it is a wax based product, you need to strip all surfaces to be coated of oil, and then you can apply mild heat to soften the material, and polish it in, like shoe wax. For a long time, many police officers and others who use a firearm daily have used a wax-based protectant on their exposed gunmetal to avoid the mess of oil on clothing and hands.

Point 2: My opinion is to grease the rails lightly at bearing surfaces only and use a quality gun oil on other working parts internally, sparingly.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

I just got some "Dupont, Teflon Multi-Use Dry Wax Lubricant" from Lowes.

It says that it can be used on Firearms and I tried it on my AK. It's pretty neat. Shines up the outside real nice and make all the internals really slippery without being greasy like CLP does.

Cost $5 for an 11 oz spray can. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... -D00110101
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I have never used this particular Blue Wonder product, but the Blue Wonder Cleaner is the best I have ever used!