Ammo info - super hot stuff for SMGs

Info, pictures, advice...
ramptester

Post by ramptester »

Thewebsite that I linked below has some good comparative data, but the really cool load is the submachine gun load clocking in at over 1400fps, 95g. If we could find a happy medium and spring the pistol correctly, this would put the Rorbauch to shame!

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/makarov.html
saands

Post by saands »

I recently tested a 3.1" barreled 9x19 pistol and was amazed to see that my XTP handloads out of the P64 had more energy than any of the factory 9x19 loads that I tested and I tested several of them. IMHO, the trick with these blowback guns would be to somehow weight the slide more (like the hi-points) instead of just trying to spring it super-heavily.

Saands
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Shooting the modernized Makarov round in guns not designed for it is a baaaaad idea... The russians built a special version of the PM (the PMM, which uses delayed vice straight blowback) to shoot this round, but there have reportedly been several cases where troops were mistakenly issued the newer (wrong) round for older PMs... All reports indicate severe cracking of the slide and catastrophic failure after only a few rounds were fired...

-Mark