Hornady XTP

Info, pictures, advice...
mattwestm

Hornady XTP

Post by mattwestm »

Has anyone tried this ammo? I think it's fairly new and might outperform the older XTP stuff. Hopefully it gets more expansion and penetration than XTP.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=990277

I've been carrying S&B FMJ, but I'd really like to find a decent defense round for my 9x18s.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Hornady XTP

Post by juniustaylor »

I think a few people talked about it, but don't know if anyone actually shot it. Thought one guy on here ordered some.

kragluver bought 4 boxes, says he was going to reply back what he finds out about it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4186
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
darrell

Post by darrell »

The old Hornaday would not chamber in some P-64s. The slide wouldn't even close on mine, so I hope the new stuff works better. A bullet that won't chamber isn't very useful.
benheart

Post by benheart »

It's what I carry... I've only shot 40 rounds due to the cost, but ZERO (0) malfunctions.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

It looks like the hollow point is a lot smaller and will probably feed with no problem. I'm going to order some of these and test them for feed. I've been using the Gold Dots made up by Stars and Stripes and Georgia Arms since the feed problems with the XTP's.
darrell wrote:The old Hornaday would not chamber in some P-64s. The slide wouldn't even close on mine, so I hope the new stuff works better. A bullet that won't chamber isn't very useful.