Newbie....

Info, pictures, advice...
Bangzoom

Newbie....

Post by Bangzoom »

I just received my P64 on Friday and took it to the range today....
I am hooked on this beauty...like my CZ 82, I know I will end up buying more than one of these little SA...

Hope to learn more about these pistols here....lots of great questions and helpful posts!

Bangzoom :hi:
robalan

Re: Newbie....

Post by robalan »

It is a great pistol for the price. If you plan to buy more guns check out the Ruger LC9. The footprint is almost the same as the P64.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

robalan wrote:It is a great pistol for the price. If you plan to buy more guns check out the Ruger LC9. The footprint is almost the same as the P64.
P64 vs PF9.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
robalan

Post by robalan »

lklawson wrote:
robalan wrote:It is a great pistol for the price. If you plan to buy more guns check out the Ruger LC9. The footprint is almost the same as the P64.
P64 vs PF9.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Interesting! Thanks!
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

lklawson wrote: P64 vs PF9.

Good review, but if I'm not mistaken, from what I have read on this MB, changing the recoil springs makes little difference in the recoil felt.

All springs on my P-64s are original.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

torpeau wrote: Good review, but if I'm not mistaken, from what I have read on this MB, changing the recoil springs makes little difference in the recoil felt.
Some say yes, some say no. It seems to be a bit subjective or perhaps depends on how degraded the original spring is. Some have seen enough use that they're degraded well below original factory strength. When that happens, felt recoil definitely rises.

I can't say if this is the case in my P64 because I didn't shoot it prior to replacing the springs, however I do have before/after experience with other handguns where it has made a difference.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
GA400

Post by GA400 »

Bangzoom wrote:I just received my P64 on Friday and took it to the range today....
I am hooked on this beauty...like my CZ 82, I know I will end up buying more than one of these little SA...

Hope to learn more about these pistols here....lots of great questions and helpful posts!

Bangzoom :hi:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up the CZ-82? I have been looking around for one of those but I am not sure which places people have the best luck with.

Thanks

Rich
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

lklawson - Very nice review BTW! :D
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

DoubleTap wrote:lklawson - Very nice review BTW! :D
Thank you. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Bangzoom

Post by Bangzoom »

GA400-

I picked my first CZ82 up at a local gun show. My second one I got through AIM Surplus.

Good Luck.
bangzoom