I just joined the club!!

Info, pictures, advice...
threepdr

I just joined the club!!

Post by threepdr »

I recieved another one today for SOG.

It is a 1968 marked gun as is my last one. However this one has a small smear of corrosion on it just infront of the trigger guard on both the frame and slide. :-[ Looks like it might have gotten a drop of seat or something on it when it was being put in storage. The gun is new other wise.
918collector

I just joined the club!!

Post by 918collector »

Crap! That's too bad. That's the downside of these guns coming in with near commercial grade finishes. I inevitably do something stupid with my guns and mar them somehow anyway.

My Russian Mak came in with such a crappy, rough finish (brand-new commercial, no less) that I never worried about it. My P64 (my ONLY one, so far anyway) is practically cherry. I hate to risk messing it up but it's so convenient for carry. Oh well, they're made to be used.
tomovich

I just joined the club!!

Post by tomovich »

Got them today! Look fairly mint finish wise. Both 1970 dated and a hair over 100 digits on the serial number apart. Weird! Both have the black plastic thumbrest grips. Excellent light SA trigger, one of the worst DA triggers I've ever felt. Now...........

Who wants to trade me a set of original black plastic Polski grips (both flat) for a thumbrest set off one of these? Hmm? :-)
Fighting the Never Ending Battle for Truth, Justice and The American Way!