P-64 as a firearm for SHTF/WROL/TEOTWAWKI/zombie apocalypse.

Info, pictures, advice...
GrailKnight

Re: P-64 as a firearm for SHTF/WROL/TEOTWAWKI/zombie apocaly

Post by GrailKnight »

DoubleTap wrote:
Third - When a Zombie is neutralized you take his stuff. His chow, his guns and ammo.
I thought Zombies ate brains? I think I'd pass on taking his chow! :shock:
Well if a few zombie soldiers with field packs come wondering by and I get a chance to put them down their 3 - 5 day supply of
MREs should still taste good. Just wipe off any blood and brains and dig in. :lol:
darrell

Post by darrell »

I think I would favor a 12 guage shot gun with 18.5 barrel and semi-automatic or level action rife for anything more than 25 yards or so. The rife in either 7.62 (39 or 51) or 44M. I think at least you could take a lot with you. I don't want them to get close enough to have to use a handgun.
irishbob979

Post by irishbob979 »

Brains are available in many supermarkets and most specialty meat markets. Purchase brains that are a bright pinkish-white color, plump and firm. They are very perishable and should be used the day of purchase. Brains must be well washed, then BLANCHED in ACIDULATED WATER. They can then be poached, fried, baked or broiled, and are particularly delicious when served with BEURRE NOIR.

My dessert choice after this meal is "Lady Fingers".
Bird

Post by Bird »

Lol...

I might snoop around & see if I can find a couple more P-64s in my area. They are simply irresistible. At half the price of a modern semi auto, I can pass a couple out to my fellow zombie survivors to help hold down the fort.

I put 17lb springs on my '68 & '69. Feels much more reasonable.

I also have a WASR-10 AK & a 20ga 870 Express.

No brainfest over here, Jack.

8)
Makarov-

Post by Makarov- »

As much as I like the idea of supporting local Ohio business, I can't in good conscience endorse Hi-Point C9's as good weapons. I've seen too many people report jamming problems after even mildly extended use. I'd recommend a taurus model 709 slim for 9x19 compact use before anything hi point.
Repeal mandatory health insurance purchase language in the health care bill. Fines/jail are for criminal or civil misconduct. Insurance isn't a tax. By forcing this you betray public trust, ignore your constitution oaths, & are party to extortion.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Makarov- wrote:As much as I like the idea of supporting local Ohio business, I can't in good conscience endorse Hi-Point C9's as good weapons. I've seen too many people report jamming problems after even mildly extended use.
The issue tends to be exactly the opposite: failure to break-in the firearm. Additionally, the magazines for the C9 are often a bit wonky and require a bit of tweaking. Once the magazines are tweaked and 50-100 rounds of break-in have been run most C9's will settle down and be quite reliable.

The problem is that most people who buy a C9 are either new shooters or don't have much money anyway. Being new shooters they are unfamiliar with break-in period on new firearms and unaware of the possibility that magazines might need tweaked. Being low on cash, they're less likely to run 100 rounds through it "just 'cuz."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Makarov-

Post by Makarov- »

No golf clubs? What about a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger? Failing that what about the ole zombie movie standby ... the machete.

+1 on passing on zombie chow. I have a brain can't fathom eating someone elses. I see what other people use for brains gotta watch your diet, some people say you are what you eat.
Repeal mandatory health insurance purchase language in the health care bill. Fines/jail are for criminal or civil misconduct. Insurance isn't a tax. By forcing this you betray public trust, ignore your constitution oaths, & are party to extortion.