Hammer Spring

Info, pictures, advice...
fknipfer1

Hammer Spring

Post by fknipfer1 »

Got my P64 today and a set of Wolff hammer Springs. 18# thru 20#, first tried the 18# and this really helped the DA mode of the pistol only problem is the wind blew across the pistol the SA fired. Talk about a hair trigger I couldn't take that so I removed the 18 and replaced it with the 19# spring, still good DA but still not acceptable in SA mode. On my last try I used the 20# spring and the DA went way up probably to about 60% of what the factory spring was, but the SA went from nothing too acceptable, would like it a little heavier but I can live with this in SA. It did improve the DA mode not enough but something I can live with. It is still the first shot only and the rest will be SA.
It is a nice smooth pistol for CCW carry nothing that grabs anything, nice rounded hammer and a very smooth exterior.
I think I will look for some heavier grips as I have shot these before and they sting a little, something a nice set of rubber grips might cure.

That's all tonight folks,

fknipfer1
US Army Veteran
NRA Life Member 1965
Am not a collector more of an accumlator
electross

Re: Hammer Spring

Post by electross »

Its nice to experiment. The best part is that you can always put it back if you want.