NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: I got shot by my P64 yesterday...

Post by manicmechanic »

I wonder if the pin was broke and lined up in the channel longer than usual and possibly pierced a primer.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

LEO

that's possible

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

The pin is left slightly exposed when the safety is being engaged and the hammer is falling for a decock. If the timing is off on the gun (the disco too long or short or bent, etc) then I see how it's possible that the hammer hit the pin and the little lug sheared off and got stuck in the safety. The rest of the pin would continue forward and light one off. It would also, in my opinion, travel way too far and potentially cause a pierced primer. Due to the safety and pin being brittle, I never recommend using the safety as a decocker, even though it was designed to be.
Makarov-

Post by Makarov- »

That's why I don't carry with the first round chambered. I know it means you need an extra split second to rack the slide but it avoids a host of ills. If I need an extra second a foot sweep, kick, elbow smash, or punch will buy it for me, speaking hypothetically. I've lived a full life if God wants me I'll be taken regardless what I do. I won't be foolish about safety be it workplace, self defense, or otherwise. After all when it comes to firearms it may not just be my safety that's a concern. There may be other innocents around too. I could probably live with myself if I accidentally shot myself due to hastyness or compulsiveness. It wouldn't be so easy if it were another human being who didn't deserve it however.
Repeal mandatory health insurance purchase language in the health care bill. Fines/jail are for criminal or civil misconduct. Insurance isn't a tax. By forcing this you betray public trust, ignore your constitution oaths, & are party to extortion.