on my P-64 and there is certainly some great information to be gleaned
on this forum.

Thank for having me as a new member. :)

Greg
smbob

Re: New Member and P-64 Owner Saying Hello

Post by smbob »

Greg,
Welcome! This a great site. You're going to love it!

Robert
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

smbob wrote:Greg,
Welcome! This a great site. You're going to love it!

Robert
Thank you,

Already am loving all the info and tips.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

GrailKnight,

Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us, much knowledge here to be shared and we are a friendly group, hope to see you here often.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Thank you.
electross

Post by electross »

Have you had a chance to shoot your new P-64 yet? How do you like it? Some folks are collecting, some are shooters, others just want a nice small ccw pistol for protection at an affordable price. You really can't beat the price/quality of these handguns. My brother liked mine so much he had to have one. Ammo isn't expensive like .380. You won't find 9X18 at Wal-Mart but most gunshops have it in some form or another. Whether you change hammer springs or not comes up on this forum a couple times a year so try your P-64 and if after shooting it a bunch, you want to change springs, do a topic search and read up on the subject. Shoot straight.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

electross wrote:Have you had a chance to shoot your new P-64 yet? How do you like it? Some folks are collecting, some are shooters, others just want a nice small ccw pistol for protection at an affordable price. You really can't beat the price/quality of these handguns. My brother liked mine so much he had to have one. Ammo isn't expensive like .380. You won't find 9X18 at Wal-Mart but most gunshops have it in some form or another. Whether you change hammer springs or not comes up on this forum a couple times a year so try your P-64 and if after shooting it a bunch, you want to change springs, do a topic search and read up on the subject. Shoot straight.
Hello,

I have had a chance to shoot it and I like everything but the trigger pull which I am in the process
of fixing once my Wolff Gunsprings Order arrives w/ my 3 pack of Hammer Springs to try out.

I also ordered a new set of grips as the ones that came with the gun were a bit beat up but the firearm
itself is in excellent condition and feeds smoother since I polished the feed ramp.

Ammo locally is always expensive and I have been buying bulk for years. This "new" 9x18 caliber is no exception
and I bought my ammo online already. Enough for a few trips to the range. :)

Greg
electross

Post by electross »

Good deal. My opinion is that its a great little ccw. Not much for a lot of range shooting. I usually practice with mine then go get something that doesn't recoil quite as much. About fifty rounds and I have had enough of the P64. In spite of small sights it always shoots straight. Real nice affordable concealed carry gun. I have purchased ammo from AIM. Bought just about all of the Bear type ammo and it runs through all of it. Glad you like it.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

electross wrote:Good deal. .......Glad you like it.
Thank you.

My mailman just delivered a nice brown envelope from Wolff Gunsprings with the 3 Hammer Springs (18, 19, & 20#) so I have something to do later on.

I am going to just go for the 19# based on what I have read here and see how that works out with
the Bear ammunition. If there are no issues I will leave it at that and save the other 2 for just in case moments.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

You may as well hit the range with some ammo and the 18 and 19. Start with the 18 lb and if you get any failures, move up to the 19.

Oh yeah, welcome! :hi:
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

dfunk wrote:You may as well hit the range with some ammo and the 18 and 19. Start with the 18 lb and if you get any failures, move up to the 19.

Oh yeah, welcome! :hi:
Thanks.

I installed the 19# already and am going to the range tomorrow.
The swap out went without a hitch using the instruction posted on this sites home page.
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

Welcome.
keep us updated on your range results.

wyo-man
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

wyo-man wrote:Welcome.
keep us updated on your range results.

wyo-man