SOG

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

SOG

Post by redfestiva »

I noticeds that the SOG po box number is in Lebanon, Ohio. I live pretty close to there. Does anyone know if they have a walk in location or is it strickly mail order only. Doesnt hurt to ask.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

SOG

Post by abwehr »

redfestiva,

I can't answer your question, as I have only dealt with them from the Internet or calling. But I have found them to be very nice folks to talk to. Give them a call and ask if you can place an order and pickup.

I live about 1 hour drive from Interordnance near Charlotte, NC and I used to go to their shop and have them bring out several pieces for me to buy at least one of something. Now, they will only allow pick ups on a certain day and you get what you get. Usually it is a nice item.

If you do call, let us know what they say.
amd6547

SOG

Post by amd6547 »

They do not sell to the public. If you are an FFL, you could probably do a pick-up.
AIM surplus does sell to the public. They are in Middletown Ohio. They do tack on a $15 NICS charge to your purchase. If you go there, don't expect a store--basically, you are in the foyer of their office, which you have to be buzzed in to. There is one case of pistols, and if you want a rifle, you ask to see what you want, and they bring it out. My job takes me down near Middletown once in a while. Both times, I stopped in. First time, I picked up a swiss K31. This year, I picked up a Yugo Model 24/47.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

SOG

Post by himmel »

As I recall, they wouldn't even send me a catalog when I told them I wasn't a dealer.. :( (SOG that is, I haven't ever dealt with AIM)
Last edited by himmel on January 1st, 2007, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

SOG

Post by redfestiva »

I emailed AIM about availability of P-64 magazines and asked them if purchases could be made in person. I hope so because they are very close to me and they have a good price on 9 x18 Silver Bear ammo as well ($6.95/50rds)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

SOG

Post by normsutton »

I just bought a 1898 martini for SOG all they wanted was my driver license and a singe statement that could sell me the rifle in my state the same with ammo so you don't need and FFLto deal with them but they won't send out flyer's on their stuff unless you have an FFL
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
amd6547

SOG

Post by amd6547 »

That is only on non-FFL items. I did order my spare P64 mags from them, no problem. But they don't allow walk-ins to my knowledge. AIM does.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
cruiser

SOG

Post by cruiser »

I just bought a 1898 martini for SOG all they wanted was my driver license and a singe statement that could sell me the rifle in my state the same with ammo so you don't need and FFLto deal with them but they won't send out flyer's on their stuff unless you have an FFL
That sounds like an exception because it is over 100 years old! No FFL required to purchase.
redfestiva

SOG

Post by redfestiva »

Here's an update on this thread. To buy ammo and things like magazines from SOG you must email/fax the ammo release form from their site and a photo copy of your drivers license to them. After that they will ship to you or you can do an in person pick up. The only catch with a pick up is there is no store, no browsing. You must call the order in 24 hrs. in advance of pick up. In other words they won't pull the order while you wait. I went there this morning and picked up 2 oringinal magazines for my P-64. They certainly appear to be brand new originals. They are $9.95 each. I was told they have 9mm x 18 ammo for $8.95 box.