P64 price???????????

Info, pictures, advice...
leadhead2

P64 price???????????

Post by leadhead2 »

Hi Guys,
What would be the most absolute high price
you would pay for a mint, never fired P64?
Thanks for any input.
Denny
stover

Re: P64 price???????????

Post by stover »

I'm selling one now that is pretty close to mint for $225.00 is that high enough?
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

Probably $225 total. I recently bought one with two mags, that appears unissued, for $208 out the door at a show. If you have to pay shipping and transfer fee at a FFL, It would have to be much less.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I personally think folks are getting WAY too carried away about these pistols. While they are neat, I don't think there's anything fantastic about them that you can't live without. Some folks have reserve prices of $250 + fees/ship. The feller selling P-64 parts wants $40 + ship just for a safety. Ridiculous. I would sell my P-64 if I could. I want $225 and it has 3 magazines, cleaning rod, extra grip set, all original springs, and IWB holster that I made. The gun currently has the 17# trigger, 21# recoil spring installed, but all original springs come with it. I figure that's a good price for what I have, I agree that $225 seems more than fair for the average P-64 after shipping and ffl fees which means the gun would have to sell for about $175.

There's one currently on Gunbroker. Bid is up to $170 w/ $15 shipping fee. Comes with 1 magazine. - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =203342586

Decided not to sell my P-64
Last edited by juniustaylor on January 29th, 2011, 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

If my choices where between a Ruger LCP, A Keltec PF9 or P-11 I would probably still buy the P-64 because I prefer an all metal built like a tank pistol to a plastic pistol. So at $200-250 the P-64 is the better bargin In my mind. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with the other mentioned pistols. They are all good weapons. I just like metal better.
leadhead2

Post by leadhead2 »

juniustaylor,
E-mail with more info.
I might be interested if shipping isn't to much.
I have a C&R.
Denny
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

surfzombie wrote:If my choices where between a Ruger LCP, A Keltec PF9 or P-11 I would probably still buy the P-64 because I prefer an all metal built like a tank pistol to a plastic pistol. So at $200-250 the P-64 is the better bargin In my mind. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with the other mentioned pistols. They are all good weapons. I just like metal better.
I also prefer steel guns, but for a cary gun , the double action trigger is way too heavy.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Denny, I sent you a PM, but they never send right on this forum. They'll sit my in Outbox for weeks and never make it to the recipient. Haven't figured it out. I can be reached at reloader86-x@yahoo.com I'll get my my local FFL and see what kind of shipping price we can work out.

Decided not to sell my P-64
Last edited by juniustaylor on January 29th, 2011, 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

juniustaylor wrote:Denny, I sent you a PM, but they never send right on this forum. They'll sit my in Outbox for weeks and never make it to the recipient. Haven't figured it out. I can be reached at reloader86-x@yahoo.com I'll get my my local FFL and see what kind of shipping price we can work out.
They only sit in the outbox if the recipient doesn't read (retreive) them. It's a standard behavior for phpbb3.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Awesome, thanks for the clarification dfunk! I thought it wasn't working right because I had a message in my Outbox for several weeks, the guy just wasn't a regular junky and didn't log on. Thanks!!!
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

[quote="bvd1"
I also prefer steel guns, but for a carry gun , the double action trigger is way too heavy.[/quote]

Think of it as an extra safety :P

I feel better about carrying with one in the pipe that way.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Seems around here at least at gun shows guys are asking 300 for the P-64 w/1 mag and nothing else. seems way high when you can pick them on the web form 200 up. I like the 64 and carry one of them everyday! I never see them in the pawn shops or gun shops.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I see em around here,De, in 2 gun shops and they are in the 200 to 225 range. they seem to sit around for ever. once in awhile they disappear then come back.. the shop owner says he sells em and then takes em back when people have a hard time with the triggers..
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

There were two P-64s for sale by two different vendors @ a large (800+ tables) gun show I visited this afternoon.

One guy was asking $249 for his and the other one was asking $349. Both guns were round hammers and showed significant finish wear. Based on their appearance (the guns, not the vendors) neither one was worth more than $150 tops. To answer the OP's question, the most I ever paid for one in mint condition was $200 and that was with two mags, cleaning rod and mint holster.
robalan

Post by robalan »

The all steel is real nice and it is very thin which makes it a great ccw. That Sig P238 looks neat too. The night sights are great and Crimson will soon have a laser for it. The price is high, but I am thinking about buying it. I may need to sell my P64 so I am hoping the price continues to rise.

You can get a new Bersa for less than 300. If you add a little more you can put a laser on it. I like my P64, but I am a little surprised how much people can get for them.