5 Lies About Poland

Info, pictures, advice...
pshootr

5 Lies About Poland

Post by pshootr »

Unfortunately, we do not have a "non-firearms related" section here as do most gun boards, so I'll just have to post this here and if the moderator thinks that it's inappropriate he can delete it.

It's a video from Poland (in English) titled:

5 Lies About Poland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p67IVwRU ... ature=fvwp
hangfire

Re: 5 Lies About Poland

Post by hangfire »

Good stuff pshootr, thanks.

I highly recommend "Poland" by James Michener for anyone interested in a comprehensive history (eight centuries including WWII) of that country.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

I found the music very annoying while watching the video. Tur the sound off.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

pshootr, thanks for sharing the video. I've never heard any negative PR regarding Poland during, before or after World War II, only the hoorrific genicide the Nazi's comitted on the Polish Peoples before and during that world conflict.
G.R.
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

Speaking of which...one of the major tragedies of WW2 (as if there weren't enough) was the Warsaw Uprising of 1944. Taking courage from the Allied landing at Normandy and the Russians advancing from the east, the Polish resistance, Armia Krajowa, took on the occupation forces using revolvers and whatever they could get their hands on. Initially they had some success, capturing much of the city, but ultimately failed to get support from the U.S and Soviets for various political reasons. The British did attempt to air drop some supplies but many of these ended up in German hands. You can read more about it here: http://www.warsawuprising.com/ and a little bit in Max Hasting's excellent book titled "Armageddon".
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

I understand they have top notch special forces and have done a fantastic job in Afghanistan.