New Owner

Info, pictures, advice...
aj84

New Owner

Post by aj84 »

Hello
After reading this forum and shooting my friends P64, I really wanted to get my very own P64. I was looking for it on the local online classified ads, most sellers wanted around $275, but they were willing to settle for $250.00. So I decided to wait a little longer. I went to Cabelas today, I usually don’t buy guns from Cabelas they run about 25 to 40 dollars higher depending on the gun compared to any other local gun stores in the state, they do match prices but that is a hit and miss situation. Anyway I was really surprise to see the P64 there, and with a price of $169.99. I could not resist, also I did not wanted to tempt faith and the Gods of Poland!! So I’m the proud owner of my very own P64. I wanted to thanks all of you guys on this website, for the comments, pictures, and suggestions. After reading the comments in here it made my decision easier. I will post pictures. By the way Cabelas had couple more P64 in the store, thinking I want to go back and get one more LOL

I was showing my wife the ammo and told her “look this is the ammo for my new gun”
Her reply was “ oh! cute” , what can I say!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: New Owner

Post by papabear »

aj,

First, welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us, we be a friendly site with a lot of experience on the CZAK P-64 along with many other guns, look forward to seeing ya here. Second and certainly not last, CONGRATS on getting your P-64, we also look forward to hearing how it handles for ya and what experiences you have, good luck and take care.
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

Welcome from Wyoming.
Lots of friendly and helpful people here.

wyo-man
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Another warm welcome from the Upstate of South Carolina! Also known as God's Country!

Congrats on the purchase! A few friendly suggestions:
1. Include the wife with your range time. My wife loves the P64, especially since it is solid steel and heavy enough to off-set the minimal recoil from the 9mm Mak cartridge. Getting her to be comfortable with the P64 and become operationally proficient is a plus from any angle.
2. Seriously consider grabbing a second P-64, which becomes much easier if you follow suggestion #1. Spare parts, if ever needed are immediately at hand, and a his-and-hers set of p-64's makes any household a safer household!
3. If you have or decide to get your CCW, you will find that almost any leather or nylon holster for the PPK will fit the P-64 like a glove. Kydex, or hard-molded plastic rigs may be hit or miss, but leather has enough give to make almost all of the hoslters fit perfectly.

Again, welcome to the forum. I wish you safety, security, and many happy days at the range!
smbob

Post by smbob »

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new P64.

Robert
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Congratulationes on your purchase, a great price!
gunneyrabbit/aka.
G.R.
aj84

Post by aj84 »

So i was able to go out today finally!!! shot over 200 bullets, I'm really disappointed about how no one ever talks about the sound - sound??? this gun makes a really cool sound when it shoots!!. Had a great time, and im really happy with the gun, I'm thinking I want to change the grips. So i will read some posting to get some ideas, other than that, what a fun little gun I have now

thanks everybody!!
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Another welcome from a fellow Utahan. Glad you like your new pistol.
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

surfzombie wrote:Another welcome from a fellow Utahan. Glad you like your new pistol.
When are us Ew-tards gonna' get together for a P-64 shoot?
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

I live in the Tremonton area. Where about do you live?
aj84

Post by aj84 »

I'm in the lehi area, so dont hold that against me!! LOL
aj84

Post by aj84 »

MakAttack wrote:
surfzombie wrote:Another welcome from a fellow Utahan. Glad you like your new pistol.
When are us Ew-tards gonna' get together for a P-64 shoot?

hey I like it

"The Annual Ew-tards Shooting Competition"
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

surfzombie wrote:I live in the Tremonton area. Where about do you live?
I'm just over the hill in Cache Valley.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

MakAttack wrote:
surfzombie wrote:I live in the Tremonton area. Where about do you live?
I'm just over the hill in Cache Valley.
I do most of my shooting over there. Either up above Smithfield or up Providence canyon. My son lives in Logan and he is the one I go with when shooting most of the time.
aj84

Post by aj84 »

well anytime you guys want to get together and do some shooting please let me know should be fun