P64 in stock any where?

Info, pictures, advice...
brock123

P64 in stock any where?

Post by brock123 »

I know someone who is trying to pick one up but I can't find one in stock for less then 275 any where.
REGGIE

Re: P64 in stock any where?

Post by REGGIE »

Try Wandering Traders in IL.
217-242-2821 POC: Doug Alexander
If they don't have them then I don't know who would. AIM did have some, but they are out.
shane!comeback

Post by shane!comeback »

I think Impact Guns has some. They want $220. I ordered one form them about a month ago and it was in good condition. They are nowhere to be found anywhere else so far.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/896187002452.html
brock123

Post by brock123 »

Thanks for the info.
robalan

Post by robalan »

I have not looked for the P64 recently, but one of my friends wants one and I planned to look around soon. If they cannot be found I may recommend a Bersa Thunder. They are selling for 299 or less.
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

robalan wrote:I have not looked for the P64 recently, but one of my friends wants one and I planned to look around soon. If they cannot be found I may recommend a Bersa Thunder. They are selling for 299 or less.
You may wish to consider a Firestorm .380 as well then. They're made in the same plant as the Bersa but imported through a different importer and have a few external differences. The Firestorm has the fingergrooves, different trigger guard and different sights which I understand gives you more holster options (believe they can fit in most PPK holsters). I'm not sure how local availability is in comparison, so you'd have to look into that.

I own neither but one of our ER nurses bought one to take her CPL class and that's where I learned about them and how they compare to the Thunder. One of the big hunting stores in the State where she bought it apparently sells a ton of them and most purchasers are pretty pleased with them.

P-64 supply appears to have dried up at this point. Who knows when that might change . . .

NRA Life Member

gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

IMHO, those of us who really know firearms have made a run on P-64's. Within my collection of SIG, Baretta, Glock, Colt, RIA, Star Firestar, there is only one Polish P-64 9x18 Makarov. And with a WOLFF spring conversation it's now my daily OC/CC.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

I'm just glad that I loaded up on them when they were $149 at J&G a while back and then loaded up on more right after they became C&R eligible. Now some online vendors are selling them at about $200 or more. I figure that they became instantly popular when they became C&R guns.

robalan

Post by robalan »

DocCasualty wrote:
robalan wrote:I have not looked for the P64 recently, but one of my friends wants one and I planned to look around soon. If they cannot be found I may recommend a Bersa Thunder. They are selling for 299 or less.
You may wish to consider a Firestorm .380 as well then. They're made in the same plant as the Bersa but imported through a different importer and have a few external differences. The Firestorm has the fingergrooves, different trigger guard and different sights which I understand gives you more holster options (believe they can fit in most PPK holsters). I'm not sure how local availability is in comparison, so you'd have to look into that.

I own neither but one of our ER nurses bought one to take her CPL class and that's where I learned about them and how they compare to the Thunder. One of the big hunting stores in the State where she bought it apparently sells a ton of them and most purchasers are pretty pleased with them.

P-64 supply appears to have dried up at this point. Who knows when that might change . . .
Thanks, that Firestorm sounds good. I did find a P64 and put some money down on it to hold. I will have my friend take a look at the three to decide. If she does not want the P64 I will just take it myself. :-)
tomovich

Post by tomovich »

I just listed one on gunbroker with the wolff lighter trigger spring installed (by me) for a starting bid of $160. Just sayin'............ :-)
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

blackblade wrote:I'm just glad that I loaded up on them when they were $149 at J&G a while back and then loaded up on more right after they became C&R eligible. Now some online vendors are selling them at about $200 or more. I figure that they became instantly popular when they became C&R guns.

Better separate those, they look like they're breeding like rabbits! :shock:

(jealous)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Brock123, there are still two listed at the GunBroker auction site and at least one at the Auction Arms auction site. I just purchased one for $172.00 from a seller at the GunBroker site, I bought it to replace the one that I'm parting out at the Buy, Sell, Trade section here ate the forum.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on October 20th, 2010, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomovich

Post by tomovich »

gunneyrabbit, that was mine you bought. Nice pistol except for that little crack in the grip. I think you'll like it. Just remember, with the Wolff spring the SA triggerpull is now about 2 lbs and the DA triggerpull is about 10 lbs!! :-)

Thanks again and enjoy it!!!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Tomovich, I thought it must be some one from the forum, just wasn't sure who, good to here from you and thanks again.
G.R. :D
tomovich

Post by tomovich »

My pleasure!