More OT

Info, pictures, advice...
kempin

More OT

Post by kempin »

. . . It's not that I don't want to talk about the p-64; it's just that mine is practically perfect, and I don't have much more to say!

Seriously, I know that this board has some really informed members who also have an open mind, as evidenced by their recognition of the quality and value of the p-64 while it was being derided as 'inferior' by the majority.

Some time ago I asked the advice of members here about the Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 that is manufactured by Armscor, and you steered me right--it is a great quality pistol for the money. (Others must be figuring that out too, since prices have gone up about 20% since last spring.)

Well, I came across another pistol by the same manufacturer. It seems that Armscor is manufacturing a couple more Colt clones; this time revolvers. I came across a web listing for the Armscor model 206, which is the 2" snub in .38 spl, for $159. (plus other fees, of course.) Yes, that's for a new pistol in a hard case. (they also have a 4" mdl 200 for the same price.)

Since I happened to be looking for a .38 snubbie for my wife, and also was very pleased with the Armscor automatic that I own, it really caught my attention.

Do any of you know anything about it or have an opinion? I think I hear those sleigh bells jingling . . .

(And, no, it will not replace my p-64. That I will continue to carry!) ;)

God Bless and straight shooting,

and may you have a blessed and meaningful Merry Christmas, (not to be confused with a "happy holiday")

-Kempin
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

More OT

Post by anjdrifter »

The P -64 is till the best around for me also. love to use as a carry
Now onto thr 1911 armscor. Got myself one last year,for the money you cant beat it and if it was more money you cant beat it.
on there other clones this company is doing an outstanding job. I got a md 206 for my son (ofcourse it was slightly used by the time he got it from me. again you cant go wrong. SOG carries both of these at good prices.