Off-Topic: SOG Zastava

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Two Zastavas you mean? I never had that problem, I really like mine--it's actually my usual carry gun...Glad to hear yours is so accurate, I have only tried close-range work with mine, and i'm no kind of shot, but I always wondered if it would do better with a fixed barrel--now i suspect that it's just me, not the gun...LOL!
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

I find mt 82 to be exrteamly accurate, I can rapid fire 12 rounds into a hole the size of a quarter at 21 feet.......I'd say it was accurate!!!! I bought mine from AIM it is in perfect condition. The CZ-82 and 83 have no alloy parts and can be had in blued or painted. Painted finish is the norm and military standard for this pistol and most cz-75's. But you can buy a CZ-82 from Makarov.com in blued or a 83 from CZ-USA......it will cost you though
abnormal

Post by abnormal »

The Zastava's trigger has a hefty pull to it, and the thin trigger is not the most comfortable in the world. Has anyone made any improvements to it?
saands

Post by saands »

That Interordnance and CAI use the NRA standard, I believe ... that AIM, J&G, and CDNN use it, I do not. I have ALWAYS been impressed by the way that AIM and J&G under-rate their wares even based on my "common usage" definition of Very Good ... when I have purchased an "Excellent" rifle from them, it has almost always arrived closer to what I would call "Unissued" and for the record, I have never seen them advertize anything as "Fine" ... Good, Very Good, VG+ or Excellent ... that's about it ... The only thing on AIM's webstie is: "We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with our products or service please Contact customerservice@aimsurplus.com" I have never had to call these guys at all ... but they DID talk me out of buying a very nice BHP one time because they thought that it wasn't up to my standards ... I was NOT happy when I saw my brother's and they had sold out ... they were plenty nice!

I have less experience with SOG, but as I mentioned before they DO try to make things right.

Saands
buggyboat

Post by buggyboat »

Hi all,

Just a quick FYI about shipping a pistol. It is illegal to ship a pistol through the USPS to anyone unless you have an FFL (or equivalent e.g. C&R, manufacturing license... ) and the person on the other end has an FFL (or equivalent). You can ship through FedEx or UPS if the as long as the person you are shipping it to has an FFL. If you ship it to a manufacturer they can send it right back to you without going through an FFL again (not sure if a distributor falls under that or not) but it still has to go FedEX or UPS (There may be some others but not the USPS). This is just the Federal part of it. State and local laws prohibit you from shipping it with out an FFL. Just an FYI to keep people out of trouble.
buggyboat

Post by buggyboat »

Hi all,

Just a quick FYI about shipping a pistol. It is illegal to ship a pistol through the USPS to anyone unless you have an FFL (or equivalent e.g. C&R, manufacturing license... ) and the person on the other end has an FFL (or equivalent). You can ship through FedEx or UPS as long as the person you are shipping it to has an FFL. If you ship it to a manufacturer they can send it right back to you without going through an FFL again (not sure if a distributor falls under that or not) but it still has to go FedEX or UPS (There may be some others (RPS?) but not the USPS). This is just the Federal part of it. State and local laws MAY prohibit you from shipping it with out an FFL. Just an FYI to keep people out of trouble.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

YOU CAN ALSO USE DHL
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

Contacted SOG and told them I won't buy from them again.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

An individual with a FFL 03 C&R cannot ship a handgun by USPS either. C&Rs are collectors and not considered to be engaged in gun manufacture, sales, gunsmithing or other gun related businesses. An individual may ship a long gun by USPS to an FFL retailer, gunsmith, manufacturer, etc. who are engaged in the business. An individual may not ship a long gun to another individual. There are some other restrictions. It must be unloaded. The package must not be marked on the outside to identify the contents as a firearm. Ammo cannot be packaged with any firearm. No ammo can be shipped by USPS at all. If a window clerk gives you trouble tell him or her that the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual) allows you to ship to a legitimate dealer. It is always a good idea to have some paper documentation with you to show if you are questioned. By the way, some unscrupulous FFL dealers when shipping for a customer in a FFL to FFL shipment scenario have been known to charge the customer the higher rate for FedEx, UPS or DHL, then ship by USPS Priority. USPS Priority Flat Rate is the cheapest way to go.
Last edited by beasleydano on December 19th, 2006, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

vermonter

What was your situation with SOG?
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

A Model 70 Zastava? Mine has something of a "hair trigger"--taught me ABSOLUTELY to keep my finger OUT of the triggerguard until I'm sighted on target and determined to shoot...

The Zastava's trigger has a hefty pull to it, and the thin trigger is not the most comfortable in the world. Has anyone made any improvements to it?