I wnet to a local gun show yesterday

Info, pictures, advice...
primarchbentley

Re: I wnet to a local gun show yesterday

Post by primarchbentley »

Gun shows are still worth going to here, because I never know what the private sellers are going to show up with. There are plenty of 'regulars' of course (and I think some are starting to remember me, as they're starting to show me items that aren't out on the regular table), but some times I just didn't know I needed to purchase X firearm until I walk up to it. Did I expect to find that CZ-1945? No, but I'm sure glad I did, and I don't think I've seen that private seller around since...

Also, private sales rock, and I don't usually get those for what I'm looking for (milsurp) outside of gun shows.
former_usmc

Post by former_usmc »

I don't really go to gun shows expecting to find much, but I do usually pick up some jerky while I'm there. I'll also check out the t-shirt stands and get a few good laughs. I find myself looking more at milsurp instead of new guns and I'll always check out the ammo. This past month I got a few boxes of 9mm mak but I did only see 1 p-64 there too. It was $250 and in decent shape but not good enough to even warrant much time looking at it. It was only $6 to get in with free parking but it was the smaller of the two shows that we tend to have. I used to like it less than the other when I was younger but now I tend to like it more. I get very annoyed walking around a convention center and seeing the same things over and over and over and over. Plus that one you have to pay for parking too!
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN
daven

Post by daven »

I go at times to the local King of Prussia, PA gun show, but have such a good relationship with a local dealer that I usually get first pickings on their consignment guns (and often at the lowest price the consignor will take). Their argument with the consignor is that they will receive their money in a day or so, rather than waiting for months. On the other hand, I sometimes will let them know my max price for a given gun and if the consignor gets hungry, then they will call me. I have picked up a fair number of unusual guns that way, even my sole P64. DaveN
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

Purchased my P-64 at a local show from a private seller.
I am very happy!!!!!

wyo-man
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

19cohiba75 wrote:The only thing I go to Gun Shows for is when I am low on Beef Jerky. :twisted: :mrgreen:

plus one
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

frankmako wrote:
19cohiba75 wrote:The only thing I go to Gun Shows for is when I am low on Beef Jerky. :twisted: :mrgreen:

plus one
That would be very expensive Jerky. Go to your local Wally world or Shopko and buy an Oster or Nessco jerly gun kit and some spice packets and an cheap cooling rack like for baking and then go to you local grocery store and buy a pound of there diet lean hamburger 96% lean only 4% fat or less if possible. Follow instructions and it makes really good jerky. You can use any really lean meat so if you hunt deer or elk or even Turkey. Try it you'll like it. For about the price of two gun show admission ticket you would be in your own jerky making business for yourself that is.
dwd

Post by dwd »

Now the admission to my local gun show is $10, lucky for me my youngest son got in for half price. I do enjoy going to the show but if I have to pay $30 to get in I'll have to stop going.
The only bargain I got was 500 rds of 9mm silver bear for $78.