Grip Design and that little blister you get...

Info, pictures, advice...
kragluver

Grip Design and that little blister you get...

Post by kragluver »

Has anyone figured out an after-market grip design for the P64 that won't result in that little blister forming on the web of your strong hand? I have Zee grips with the thumb rest on my pistol and I've shot it with and without a Hogue Jr slip on grip but it doesn't seem to help. I always get a blister just inside my thumb after about 25 rounds or so. I've double and triple checked and the slide is not biting there - its a blister from recoil. I would think a more ergonomic grip design would really help out this little pistol. Zee - have you experimented with any changes to the basic grip?
mwarren1

Re: Grip Design and that little blister you get...

Post by mwarren1 »

I have never gotten a blister, but I keep a Pachmayr slip-on on mine. I like the palm swells on the Hogue, but the Pachmayr is more "rubbery" and is much easier to slip-on/take-off. My sons also prefer the feel of the Pachmayr over the Hogue, and I have had both on my P64.
kragluver

Post by kragluver »

I'll give the Pachmayr a try. The Hogue was trapping sweat under the grip and causing the frame to rust. If the Pachmayr is easier to get on and off I'll try it.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Just for s&g's where do you get the Pachmayr slip on grips and which model fits the P-64?
msgraham

Post by msgraham »

I had the same issue...the factory grips don't match up to the backstrap very well. I used a whetstone oiled to gently file down the point of the backstrap to match up to the grips better. I then cleaned and used cold blue to restore the bluing. No blisters since and the blueing matched perfectly.
mwarren1

Post by mwarren1 »

SurfZ - I got mine at a gunshow, but MidwayUSA also carries them. This is the one that I got (i.e. Walther PPK/S size):
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=667849