Hello to All

Info, pictures, advice...
Post Reply
bigmac
Posts: 9
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 11:05 am

Hello to All

Post by bigmac » August 9th, 2010, 12:41 pm

Hello to all. I have been a Makarov collector for years and ran upon a Polish P64 recently and found this site searching for info on the pistol. There seems to be a large amount of good information here.

The P 64 seems to be a nifty little pistol chambered in 9x18. It is smaller that my PM's but more mechanically complicated but also has additional features like a loaded chamber indicator and bears a very strong resemblance to a Walther PPK.

:hi:

BigMac

User avatar
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator
Posts: 3559
Joined: February 26th, 2006, 6:59 am
Location: LAKELAND FL.
Contact:

Re: Hello to All

Post by normsutton » August 9th, 2010, 12:46 pm

bigmac

welcome

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage

bigmac
Posts: 9
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 11:05 am

Re: Hello to All

Post by bigmac » August 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Thank you. I have been reading for a while and noticed you are a Makarov lover as well. I have always shyed away from the Polish P 64 , but after acquiring one to take apart and tinker with it I am finding out what I was missing. They really are a nifty little pistol. I just got to get used to springs and small parts flying everywhere when you take them apart. That doesn't happen with a MAK PM as you know. HAHA!

User avatar
shinerjohn
Member
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: December 7th, 2008, 11:53 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Hello to All

Post by shinerjohn » August 9th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Welcome, bigmac.

Yes, the P64 is a great little pistol and this is the best gun board. I carry my P64 often and SOG will ship my 4th one today or tomorrow.

You will like it here. Good folks, mighty good folks!

User avatar
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator
Posts: 2080
Joined: January 22nd, 2006, 1:16 am
Location: Madisonville, Kentucky

Re: Hello to All

Post by papabear » August 10th, 2010, 12:58 pm

bigmac,

Welcome sir, glad to have you with us.

User avatar
Shuga
Junior member
Posts: 17
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 11:17 pm

Re: Hello to All

Post by Shuga » August 10th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Welcome! Enjoy all the great folks here because I know I sure do.

User avatar
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter
Posts: 1221
Joined: February 5th, 2007, 8:52 pm
Location: Portland Oregon

Re: Hello to All

Post by gunneyrabbit » August 11th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Shuga and bigmac, welcome aboard, always good to here from new members.
G.R.

User avatar
former_usmc
Junior member
Posts: 37
Joined: July 12th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Hello to All

Post by former_usmc » August 13th, 2010, 11:11 pm

welcome to the site! it's definitely the best site for the P-64 hands down.
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN

Post Reply