NEW P-64 Magazines - Available Now!

Info, pictures, advice...
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

Hello Fellow P-64 Fans,

For those of you who have been reading these forums for awhile, you may recall that we contracted with a major OEM manufacturer overseas to build brand new P-64 magazines. We are big fans of the P-64 and the only problem we've ever found with the guns are the magazines.

Most of the magazines that are being sold with the guns have long since passed their intended end-of-life. While many of the surplus magazines continue to function well, over time they will all eventually fail due to the way the magazine springs were designed. This is one reason why the pistols have been sold at times with 3 magazines, a significant percentage of the magazines are failing.

I am happy to report that we have received the shipment of magazines and they are going to be ready to be shipped this week. Customs clearance will happen tomorrow, and we will be picking them up from the cargo facility that they are at right now. This means that we can start shipping them in the next 48 hours to those who have expressed interest when we announced they were in process of being designed and manufactured.

The company that made these magazines has been producing small arms components for the past 30 years. Some of the biggest names in the commercial firearms industry rely upon this company to produce the components that go into their production guns. These are not any cheap commercial junk, those that buy them will quickly realize that they are better than even the best of the surplus mags that are being sold at various distributors.

As we are the importer of these magazines and believe they are the very best available for the P-64 we want to do something to help spread the word about our favorite little gun. We will be attempting to contact the owner of this site shortly to see what we can do to help keep it around for a long time. That is one way we would like to help spread the word about the P-64, and feel like this site is doing a good service for the shooting community.

Here is the link for the new mags:

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmacce ... ov_mag.htm

Those of you who expressed interest in purchasing mags when this was announced several months back will be contacted shortly. All pre-announce pricing is still valid, and those of you who showed interest early will benefit from your interest.

Thanks, and good shooting!

-Brian
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Brian, we need a better price, much better, for an after market mag that may not work.

SOG price for unused originals is $9.95 compared to your $19.95.

What gives?
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

I had made several months a order with Keep Shooting for
these import P64 mags at 19.95 a piece & had repeatedly called
checking on their import status. Only lately had I purchased 2
mags from SOG for 9.95 a piece & some thru two other sources,
all cheaper than Keep Shooting's price & all seemed new. I
would think Keep Shooting needs to at least match these other
prices for those like myself with existing orders. While I will
honor my existing order, Keep Shooting should do the right thing.

::)
dirtyharry

Post by dirtyharry »

Geez, what gives around here? A new car doesn't price like an old car.

I went with the (clearly) used SOG mags. Nice and cheap, but definitely worn. If these were out when I was buying I would have at least considered buying two of them instead of four of the old mags.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I appreciate the availability of aftermarket magazines, but there have been problems with aftermarket magazines before (Promag Hi-cap magazines for the Makarov are notorious). Folks have a right to a buyer-beware attitude until the functionality of these new magazines are proven. I don't think Brian would disagree with that.

I also appreciate the notice that cheaper magazines are available, but maybe these magazines are so well built they're worth the extra price. The market will determine that. forwardsupply has the market right to post a price for his gear and shouldn't get slammed for it.

But: this forum is unique in that it doesn't solicit advertisers for support. I think vendors posting gear should at least make a contribution to the current campaign to upgrade the site:

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1164935558
dirtyharry

Post by dirtyharry »

Folks have a right to a buyer-beware attitude until the functionality of these new magazines are proven.
True that. I was just pointing out that there isn't anything inherently not real about these. I'm not a fan of sounding like a shill either; I'll probably never own one as I'm all stocked up now. But I appreciate the gamble on Keep Shooting's part and want to encourage more companies to do the same.

Cheers.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Not cheap -- but fairly priced & a concession for previous, delayed
orders made in good faith. These are mags yet to be customer
proven & accepted by the P64 owners !
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Hey I'm SOLD!!! I just bought 5 mags for my p-64............FROM SOG!!!!!!!
Your nuts! after market mags for 20 bucks! Hell SOG sells originals for 9 bucks...........AND THEY WORK!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

forwardsupply,

You stated in your thread...............

"Most of the magazines that are being sold with the guns have long since passed their intended end-of-life. While many of the surplus magazines continue to function well, over time they will all eventually fail due to the way the magazine springs were designed. This is one reason why the pistols have been sold at times with 3 magazines, a significant percentage of the magazines are failing."

You have got to be kidding me, we are not a bunch of sheep here, some of us on this board have had our P-64's for over two years, and our P-64's that came with three mags are holding up just fine. I originally started with 4 P-64's and all came with 3 mags, all have been used extensively with thousand of rounds through them in my case, and not a single problem and all are doing just fine, thank you very much. If you want to sell magazines on this board that is fine, and you can ask any price you want for them, that's your business, and anyone that wants to buy them that is fine too, that's their business, but downgrading what we own and know that works and wanting us to buy something new and untested at any price is not the way to sell a product IMHO!!!

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Papabear, I started to quote the same paragraph earlier today, but my computer skills are limited. This outfit feeding lies to this board reinforces my several BUYER BEWARE notices.

Nobody I know of has had an original mag failure, and almost all originals being sold are unused mags.

I appreciate your comments on this outfit.

Stan
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

What nonsense.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

Brian, we need a better price, much better, for an after market mag that may not work.

SOG price for unused originals is $9.95 compared to your $19.95.

What gives?
Hi,

On the first point, we stand behind these magazines 100%. Should you not be 100% satisfied you can return any purchased magazine for a full refund. No questions asked.

On the second point, these magazines are brand new magazines that were designed and built by an overseas contractor. These are not military surplus magazines that are being sold for pennies on the dollar. While this is not a complex magazine, there is still design and production work put into it.

Now as to better pricing, we can do quantity discounts or even a group buy. I sent a private message to the owner of the forum with an offer to help support the board through ever mag sold here. As of right now, he has not responded so I'm unsure if he's interested or not.

The only thing that is needed is for someone to say "We'd like group pricing" or show some interest in a quantity buy and we'll help make it happen.

-Brian
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

I had made several months a order with Keep Shooting for
these import P64 mags at 19.95 a piece & had repeatedly called
checking on their import status. Only lately had I purchased 2
mags from SOG for 9.95 a piece & some thru two other sources,
all cheaper than Keep Shooting's price & all seemed new. I
would think Keep Shooting needs to at least match these other
prices for those like myself with existing orders. While I will
honor my existing order, Keep Shooting should do the right thing.

::)
Hi,

Shoot me a private message with your order number. I'll fix you up with something that will make you smile and come back when you need to replace your surplus mags.

I'll be waiting to hear from you.

-Brian
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I have not had any problems with any of the magazines that came with my P-64s or any of the OEM P-64 mags purchased from SOG. I am glad that newly manufactured replacement magazines are available but I personally would not buy any as long as original magazines are available at a decent price.
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

I appreciate the availability of aftermarket magazines, but there have been problems with aftermarket magazines before (Promag Hi-cap magazines for the Makarov are notorious). Folks have a right to a buyer-beware attitude until the functionality of these new magazines are proven. I don't think Brian would disagree with that.
You're right, I would not disagree with you at all when it comes to after market magazines. I've been a shooter for many years longer than I've been an importer, and know what its like to buy junk magazines.

With that being said, these magazines were made by the contractor who produces nearly every non-serialized component for Springfield Armory. Springfield Armory has been using this contractor for over 25 years, and Springfield Armory continues to have a stellar reputation for quality. Production runs for companies like Gun Parts Corp, Century Arms, SARCO, and many others are the life blood of this company.

But: this forum is unique in that it doesn't solicit advertisers for support. I think vendors posting gear should at least make a contribution to the current campaign to upgrade the site:

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1164935558
Thank you for mentioning this! I sent the admin of this board a message offering to set up a program to allow sales of magazines from here to directly support the board. At this point I have not heard back from him, so I am not sure if he wants to do that or not.

As this board seems to be more democratic in that the user community has great leverage (I like!!) I'd like to suggest the following for discussion...

1) I have offered to donate 20% of ever single magazine that is bought by a P64 forum user to the fund that is being held for the website. At this point I've not heard back from the admin, but if the user community supports it I'm not sure if he'd refuse the donation?

2) We would be happy to have a group buy of P-64 magazines. Those who wrote me when we first announced the availability of these mags many months ago are getting them at the intro price. If there is enough interest in buying NEW mags where the numbers make sense, I can make the P-64 forum a great group buy deal.

Let me know, I'm interested in seeing what the board wants!

-Brian