NEW P-64 Magazines - Available Now!

Info, pictures, advice...
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

Folks have a right to a buyer-beware attitude until the functionality of these new magazines are proven.
True that. I was just pointing out that there isn't anything inherently not real about these. I'm not a fan of sounding like a shill either; I'll probably never own one as I'm all stocked up now. But I appreciate the gamble on Keep Shooting's part and want to encourage more companies to do the same.

Cheers.
Thank you for recognizing that for our sport to survive, people need to take some risks. We believe in the P-64 as a pistol, and we also saw a need for new and reliable magazines. Instead of sitting back comfortable with the surplus mags, we spent a considerable amount of money having new ones made and imported.

-Brian
forwardsupply

Post by forwardsupply »

You have got to be kidding me, we are not a bunch of sheep here, some of us on this board have had our P-64's for over two years, and our P-64's that came with three mags are holding up just fine. I originally started with 4 P-64's and all came with 3 mags, all have been used extensively with thousand of rounds through them in my case, and not a single problem and all are doing just fine, thank you very much. If you want to sell magazines on this board that is fine, and you can ask any price you want for them, that's your business, and anyone that wants to buy them that is fine too, that's their business, but downgrading what we own and know that works and wanting us to buy something new and untested at any price is not the way to sell a product IMHO!!!
Hey Papabear,

The last thing I would ever think is that anyone on this board could be classified as "sheep" in any sense of the word. My statement on the surplus mags failing came from the buyer at RSR Wholesale. They purchased a ton of P-64's from Tennesse Guns, and I was told by him that they had a high rate of return on the magazines. That does not mean that individuals like you are not going to have perfect experience with surplus magazines. The only thing it means is that in a very large sample group, the countries largest gun wholesaler had a high rate of return on magazines.

-Brian
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

On 12-8-06 I received a call from Keep Shooting regarding my
existing order on the long delayed P64 mag. I expressed my opinion
that they should adjust pricing to us who waited & waited. Also
I told them to send my order & complete their charge to my
previously given credit card. Why did I do this, best way to see
if these newly manufactured mags will function correctly & hold
up is to use them. Unlike the Keep Shooting owners who seem
to feel our original mags are over the hill, I say give these new
mags a test ! Also I believe in fairness & honoring my word.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Forwardsupply, I sent you the mail I referenced in the other thread about our domain. Let's talk and see what we can work out. My number is in the email. Talk to you soon.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

I have been shooting surplus handguns for about 35 years now. The short list would include nazi Radom's, Mauser 1910's, my Dad's 1925 1911, and inglis HiPowers. None have had a magazine failure, and I can say that at least a couple have been extremely well used.
I have no problem with somebody trying to make a buck, but the hyperboly used in the sales pitch for these mags is off-putting. I will continue to use the 5 OEM mags I have for the P64, made by the Poles, who really do have a rep for quality weapons. As for Springfield Armory, their rep is not that great, being somewhat hit or miss in my experience. In fact, most who own their 45's find aftermarket mags are a good investment. My own P64 has worked 100% with the OEM mags, one of which has the "solid" follower. I did dremel polish the feed ramp, but that was more for practice than real need. I use my P64 for CCW, and I have no problem relying on the OEM mags. YMMV and caveat emptor.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Well If there made by a company like MEC-GAR or another very reputable company then they might be well worth the money, but if its like a USA MAGAZINE type company then NO WAY!!! I think I like everyone else has fell victem to poorly made mags and are a little "GUN SHY" on brand "X" mags.

I know I'll spend the extra money to buy only mec-gars for my 1911's and CZ's because I have had a very good history with both the mags and the company.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Time for my 2 cents.
I think that the original mags will eventually fall short of supply. It's inevitable - and to have a high quality replacement will be very welcomed. Have I had any trouble with my 3 OG mags? Absolutely not. Will I test these new mags before I endorse them? YES. We'll keep everyone posted and will produce full range reports. Stay tuned...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

http://www.forwardsupply.com/index.php? ... 8afd36c547

Polish P-64 6rd Magazine
$9.95
BRAND NEW P-64 MAGAZINES!

We have finally received our shipment of brand new Polish P-64 magazines. Condition: NEW
Caliber: 9x18mak
Finish: Deep Blue/Black
Last edited by normsutton on December 23rd, 2006, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

HOPE YOU GUYS NOTICED THEY CHANGED THE PRICE
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Yes, and quantity discount too. I see they still have an eBay listing with the old price. Has anyone tried these mags yet?
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

I read the info on the webpage and noticed that they are made by a company that makes mags for Springfield Armory. I have several regular and hi-cap mags for my .45s from Springfield Armory and they all function flawlessly. Sounds good!
jw

Post by jw »

I ordered one at the $19.95 price. Should have waited a couple of weeks!

It looks just like the originals I have. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

does forward supply sell to people or to retailers only?
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

People.
hank57

Post by hank57 »

just ordered 2 p 64 mags. from fowardsupplies let see if as good as they say they are will post later
thanks henry