Where do you buy your 9x18 ammo and what do you like best?

Info, pictures, advice...
Autosurgeon

Re: Where do you buy your 9x18 ammo and what do you like bes

Post by Autosurgeon »

I run Silver Bear , Brown Bear and have started reloading 9x18. I purchased 1200 pieces of Starline Brass and 1200 Plated projectiles from Berrys Bullets. More on that once I get my first batch to the range!

I carry Silver or Brown Bear FMJ as the Hornady don't penetrate far enough to make me happy.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Auto, have you shot any of those Berry plated bullets. I just bought 250 of them (I know, I buy in low quantities). I have shot the .357" ones through my .38 Special and they shoot pretty good, just wondering if you've shot them from a 9x18 handgun and if they're worth a hoot. Thanks.
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

juniustaylor wrote:Auto, have you shot any of those Berry plated bullets. I just bought 250 of them (I know, I buy in low quantities). I have shot the .357" ones through my .38 Special and they shoot pretty good, just wondering if you've shot them from a 9x18 handgun and if they're worth a hoot. Thanks.
Not yet but the 9mm lugar ones I have shoot great! I hope to have a range report on the 9mm Mak ones by next week.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Heres what I get. Until I buy a mold and cast my own at least...

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.p ... condary=28
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I got 50 of those MO Bullets from fknipfer1. I'm going to try them from my CZ-82. Hopefully they'll shoot good. I got my Berry Plated bullets in the mail today along with a couple other odd's and end's. After next weekend, I'm making a trip down to Columbia, MO and I'm going to stop in MidwayUSA to browse around. I've never been in there, plus I'm going to pick up a Lee 9x18 die set. I'll eventually get to churn out some Mak rounds... eventually.
waltham41

Post by waltham41 »

My understanding is that the only thing you can do at MidwayUSA is customer pickup. I know a guy that lives just a few miles from there.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

waltham41, you are completely correct. I did not know this, so I called them and asked. The guy said they don't have an actual customer store, you just place an order over the phone or on the internet and you can arrange to pick it up just like you said the one guy said. I'm glad you told me this or I'd have been all excited to go and get there and not be able to do anything. LOL. I should check to see if Graf & Son's is the same way. If so, then the only place I'll really get to go to in Columbia will be The Powder Horn. Thanks for letting me know this info!!!
waltham41

Post by waltham41 »

No prob. I know I would have been stoked to go inside and it would have been a huge letdown to not be able to.