Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

abwehr

The ammo brit. 303 I just order
Prvi Partizan .303Brit 150grn SP
200rd pack: $85.00ea
from AIM this is reloadable and brand new ammo , cheaper than the reloading components
Prvi Partizan makes nice brass case's
When I buy ammo I try to buy ammo I can reload and normaly I get the loading dies before I buy a gun.

but thats just me

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by abwehr »

Norm,

You are a man after my own heart, LOL!

I currently have about 500-600 rds of .303 British surplus ammo that I am saving for a Vickers Semi build that is coming very soon. This will be a fun build for a kit I have had for about 3 years. Looks like I need to be buying the Prvi Partizan ammo and a set of reloading dies
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

These are my C&R rifle's just from the last six month's

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by garry »

i have a Tula 1952 SKS with all matching #'s in great condition (except handguard scratches) and a 1970 chinese SKS . it is in rough shape but shoots very well. They are a blast ! i will sell the russian SKS if i can get 300$ for it. i shot 20 rounds thru it and cleaned it and now it sets there looking pretty. it has the Knife blade bayonet. i will check back here infrequently or you can personal message me. G
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

G

You should be able to get $300.00 for the Russian maybe 350 try this broad

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
danicrow

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by danicrow »

I just got rid of a chinese sks, I like those alittle more than the yugo, mostly because of the spike bayonet. The guy I sold it for paid me $500.00, It was unissued, and never shot. I really kinda miss it now.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by garry »

Wow !! does your friend need a couple more at that price? hahaha i kid because i shoot my chinese SKS alot but i leave the Russian one put up . that chinese rifle has been thru heck and still gives wonderful accuracy ! kewl guns !
i like the mosin Nagant M44 also . Norm has a couple Enfields up there in that pic that are really good looking. that top one has pretty nice grain.
Eventually i will get one , i have two .303 brit cartridges and i have to get one so they won't just set there lol.
GO TEAM INFIDEL !!! G
danicrow

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by danicrow »

Garry... lol..... I am serious though, It has only been gone a week and I really miss it , but I really needed the money,..... maybe I can get a second p-64 to fill the void, the problem is that the dealer I go through is starting to get annoying to ask to get anything,...... I does it very,very much as a hobby, and not as a salesperson, its like he got his ffl for his own gain and doesn't care about others share the same gun obsession, He said that He was getting out of the gun business because he didn't want to deal with others asking him to order things.... therefore I have to wait for the next gun show or wait for some idiot to take a p-64 to a local pawn/gun shop and have the gun shop sell it to me for $250.... the first p-64 i I got for 210 with only three mags, nothing else and the blueing is fading around the muzzle/ oops probably should have looked at the glossary section real quick....don't want any one to think I'm a newb......
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by bzinggg »

There are several dealers that I have heard about that take that negative attitude. The successful dealers, though, realize that this (transfering guns) is a service that increases traffic through their merchandising area. The smart ones keep the fee as low as possible to draw folks to the shop and make customers and friends out of them.
danicrow

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by danicrow »

maybe I just need to find a new dealer in Virginia Beach
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by bzinggg »

If I were you, danicrow, I would go on Gunbroker.com and go to the "For Buyers" page, then click on the link for finding GB listed FFL holders by zip or location. That's a pretty well populated area, so there are probably several close to you.
Last edited by bzinggg on April 18th, 2007, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danicrow

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by danicrow »

bzingg, thanks for the info.... I found a dealer that it 4.5 minutes from my house.... that is great and it means that I don't have to drive and hour and a half and then listen to the guy complain.....
danicrow

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by danicrow »

could you tell me about what I can expect to pay, I know that the transfer fee is $50. or where I should ask them to order from, I would really like to get one that is in pristine condition...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by garry »

wow $50 for a transfer? localy , here in MO, it is $20 and if you are friends w/them it can be as little as $10 for each gun. That is a drag that stuff is so high over there . i would definitely shop around ! you can get a P-64 for less than $175 online at some places . i am still very nervous about ordering online tho i have done it several times now w/out any bad effects. but it is certainly the wat to go ! .
hey Danicrow, whats the weather like there this morn?
G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by garry »

i am watching a Matt Helm (Dean Martin) movie "The Silencers" and i just saw the famous Revolver with a silencer on it hahahahaha sorry i just had to tell someone .
G