Off Topic ( SKS)

Info, pictures, advice...
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by bzinggg »

AIM is good. They have a great batch of SKSs right now. Get the excellent one for $149.00!
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by beasleydano »

bzinggg

My thoughts exactly! I have bought ammo from them but not firearms.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

beasleydano
I got this 2A Enfield 2A .308 NATO/7.62x51 form them

If you want to know about sks this web site to go to
http://www.sksboards.com/forum/
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by beasleydano »

NORMSUTTON

Nice looking Enfield. I saw them on the AIM website. Nice .308 Nato Enfields are pretty scarce now. I am going to check out sksboards. Thanks!
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by space »

SKS's are awesome, can never have just one.

I have had really good luck getting SKS's from classic arms http://www.classicarms.us
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

I just got my 3rd M-59 from http://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles.html it took 4 weeks to get it and only live 4 to5 hours away ,but I'm happy with it

they seem to be the only people that have the M-59's
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

Well got the cosmo out of stock last night this had to be a new stock because there was no gun oil in the stock like the last 2

going to take it to work and try to get some sanding done on it ,it slow at work this week
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by abwehr »

himmel,

Thanks on my wesstern outfit. This is what I wear for Cowboy action shooting. You are correct about the Confederate shell jacket. I wors that when I was into Civil war reenacting. My "handle" in copwboy shooting is Sgt. Manse Jolly, a local Confederate hero. He was in the Cavalry for all 4 years of fighting and when he came home, he still fought the Union occupation troops and carpetbaggers. His home is still in use today. In the early 1920s, they went down into the homeplace well and found a number of Union belt buckles, buttons and some small pieces of steel. Don't ask where these pieces came from, LOL. Things finally got very hot for him after about 1.5 years with the occupation forces and he went to Texas to raise cattle.

The mis-spelling on Holliday was done on purpose as I asked about that. This is the "town" I was shooting at in Wenatchee, WA. Cowboy action shooting is fun new sport for me.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by beasleydano »

Doesn't it bring back memories of youth playing cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians, good guys and bad guys? Back when we all knew that America was the land of the free and the home of the brave and the good guys always won. Back then we had heroes, we pretended in play to be them and we wanted to be like them when we grew up to be men. The late Col. Jeff Cooper, who I greatly admired for a great many reasons, was asked what he thought about the cowboy action shooting "fad" and as I remember he stated that most men like to dress up like cowboys and that anything that involves the shooting sports was good.
Last edited by beasleydano on December 20th, 2006, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by himmel »

We did a one-time stint of re-enacting...Christian plays the violin (yes, makes 'em too--anyone surprised?? LOL!) and one of our friends here "recruited" him to be the "fiddler boy" for an Arkansas regiment in a re-enactment of Antietam--and of course I had to go in with him. It was pretty fun...and I've picked up a lot of history at other re-enactments...So how does CAS work anyway?? And how did I ever mistake that shell jacket for a "greatcoat" ?????
Last edited by himmel on December 21st, 2006, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by beasleydano »

himmel

Go to www.sassnet.com
Last edited by beasleydano on December 21st, 2006, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by himmel »

Thanks--I'll try it after I leave this office (got a bunch of "politically correct" filters on the PC here...no firearms-related sites...how this one escapes I don't know...)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by abwehr »

beaseleydano,

You brought back a lot of good memories about playing cowboy & indians, cops & robbers, and army. When I was a kid, the neighborhood kids all got together and played until our parents threatened us with a spanking before we came in!

Also, do you belong to SASS? I have been a member about 6 months now and go by Sgt. Manse Jolly.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by abwehr »

Norm,

That is one nice looking Enfield! I think it is the best looking one I have ever seen. Did you get that from AIM?

When I was living in India, the Police carried the Enfield and the Military carried the FN/FAL. Prior to the Military getting the FNs, they carried the Enfield and then turned them over to the Police. Some of the Police were still carrying the .303 Enfields too.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Off Topic ( SKS)

Post by normsutton »

abwehr
yes I did
it didn't look like that when I got it
had to take it apart used 1/2 gall. of paint stripper on and then
I blued it
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976