New member with new P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
JAGGUY

New member with new P-64

Post by JAGGUY »

Hello. When I saw the P-64 go C&R I knew I needed to add one to the collection. I have always had good luck with SOG so I ordered one last week. I usually call Kelly @ SOG but the phone lines there were clogged for 2 days so I ordered online this time. I decided not to pay for the hand pick this time and go with luck of the draw.
Boy did I luck out! This pistol is unfired. No marks on the feed ramp nor anywhere else. One of the magazines matched the serial # and the follower had never seen a shell. The second mag wasn't matching and had a faint mark, maybe loaded once - never fired? It is a 1970 with an A stamp on the frame.
Also very little cosmolene to clean out.
Also the holster is new, never had a pistol in it
Hoping to go tomorrow and run 100 rounds through it.

Here are a couple of pics, including one with some of it's cousins.......

-greg
tooldawg99

Re: New member with new P-64

Post by tooldawg99 »

Very nice! I ordered and received my second one from SOG last week, and it was in the same condition. VIrtually, if not actually, MINT! Much better shape than the 1st one I bought, and I paid for hand pick back then! THis was luck of the draw, and it was worth every penny! My holster shows more wear than yours, but it won't be used anyway. Wish I could afford to buy another 4 or 5...in about 12 months, I will be able to double my money! Remember the Nagant revolvers that were $75? And they were all gone in about 2 months...now they get $150 without trying hard.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

What's the one in the middle with the S on the grips?
JAGGUY

Post by JAGGUY »

That's a Sauer & Sohn Model 38H. It's a WW2 souvenir my dad brought home after the war.
Even have the original holster, the grey one below with the nazi eagle badge

tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Is the Sauer also chambered in 9mm Makarov? Not sure I've seen many of them.
JAGGUY

Post by JAGGUY »

tooldawg99 wrote:Is the Sauer also chambered in 9mm Makarov? Not sure I've seen many of them.
No, it's chambered in 7.65 (32acp) It's WW2 vintage and too old for the 9x18.
-greg
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

That's a cool treasure!
former_usmc

Post by former_usmc »

Hey Greg, that's a really nice looking 64 that you got yourself and it looks right at home with the rest of the collection. You're making me antsy! I called Kelly today as a matter of fact to check stock because I ordered over the weekend and someone posted Saturday over at gunboards that they sold out. She was like "oh yeah, don't worry, we have PLENTY!" After seeing yours, I'm thinking about calling her back and having her ship 2. lol
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN