Punishing recoil?

Info, pictures, advice...
918collector

Punishing recoil?

Post by 918collector »

I agree with AMD6547 and NORMSUTTON about recoil. I bought a TC Contender back in the '70's with the lightest barrel they ever put on one - the short octagonal Hotshot barrel. Recoil was vicious. I have no idea how many people do much shooting these days with 500 S&W and such but the 44 mag is more than enough. I traded my Redhawk for a Ruger lever carbine in the same caliber and life is much easier.

The maks (anything chambered for 9 Mak) ARE surprising. My Russian Mak jumped around more that I was prepared for, but part of the problem was the sharp-cornered grips. The P64 does jump but it's a relatively peppy cartridge in a small package. A new shooter might be put off but if you have tried enough different handguns to have a basis for comparison, it's no big deal.
truth

Punishing recoil?

Post by truth »

Now there is the truth...
nicksterdemus

Punishing recoil?

Post by nicksterdemus »

I'm lookin' forward 2 it. My most time carry is a CS40. Alloy frame w/3.25" brl. W/right loads ya can use it @ night as a flare gun......................

Punishing recoil?

Post by 8080 »

I don't consider it excessive recoil at all just feels like a little authority which gives me confidence in the power of the round. Try my .347 magnum revolver 2 1/2" barrel if you want some recoil.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Punishing recoil?

Post by grayfox »

I have been carrying the S&W model 60 357mag & it has a lot more bite than a P-64. I think the Kel-Tec 3AT kicks harder. I love the P-64 and its my go anywere gun now.