Future value of P64

Info, pictures, advice...
R.A.M.

Future value of P64

Post by R.A.M. »

I really like the hard chrome finish on a P64. But... I'm afraid if I remove the original blue finish the value of the gun (in the future of coarse) will depreciate. I'm 24 too. So when I'm old and wrinkly (hopefully I'll make it there) I'd like to think it could be worth something.

Thanks

Ryan
bigduke6

Re: Future value of P64

Post by bigduke6 »

such things are hard to predict. imo. i dont see value going up from a collector point of view, the main reason is nothing dif. in 64s exept the hammer. theres nothing really to "collect". now with that said the guns at some point will run out and the price will go up for millitary gun collectors wanting to fill a spot. but we woul be talking about unfired to like new condition for big money. someone looking for a certain year, say to match a birth year or what have you, may be whilling to pay more. right now it is a great price on a great gun that is small and thin. if price gets much higher they will be on par with many of new "wonder" compact pistols that are flooding the market that have warrentys and availible parts. so chrome it or what ever you want and injoy it. but then again my grand dad said the same thing about an old singer 1911 he sold cheap many many years ago. :cry:
R.A.M.

Post by R.A.M. »

Thanks bigduke6
nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

To chrome or not to chrome..... future value..... it's what it's worth to me that matters! It will cost as much or more to chrome a P64 as you probably paid for it. So you would have to get double your money back to break even. So IMHO, chrome it if it makes you happy. Isn't that what this forum about.... people who love the P64? Not dollar signs? Personally, I would like to have mine black chromed! Maybe some day.
"If it's easy...... why bother"
nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

Hey R.A.M.--- I hope you didn't take my reply wrong! I didn't mean to imply that dollar signs were all that was important to you. It's just that I'm a couple of years older than you (39 yrs older) and in my life I've let some things slip by over a few bucks that I wish I hadn't. The chrome sure looks nice. Enjoy either way.
"If it's easy...... why bother"
R.A.M.

Post by R.A.M. »

I think I'll do it. I have no future plans on selling it. So... sky's the limit!!!

Thanks fellas
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Future value?

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Foo Bird, what kind of dollars are we talking about here, Mexican dollars?
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

juniustaylor wrote:Foo Bird, what kind of dollars are we talking about here, Mexican dollars?
Further outbursts of impudence will cause you to be liquidated.