Magazines allert

Info, pictures, advice...
amd6547

Magazines allert

Post by amd6547 »

I also don't agree with spring changes. My P64 has a perfectly usable DA pull just from the following:
1. I found that the trigger bar pushes outward against the inside of the slide--I gave that area of the inside of the slide a light polish, and always keep the outside of the trigger bar lubed, as well as all trigger bar connections.
2. Use has helped lower the trigger pull weight.
Is it as light and smooth as my CZ82? No. It is still very usable for fast response to imminent threat at close range. Anything furthur, and I will thumb cock it, just as I would with the CZ.
As I keep reminding people here, the hammer spring is part of the recoil mass of this blow-back operated pistol. I am not willing to second guess the designers on that subject.
I also like the Silver Bear 115's.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Magazines allert

Post by bzinggg »

amd6547,

Very sensible approach, in my opinion! 8-) ;) 8-)
Last edited by bzinggg on December 13th, 2006, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truth

Magazines allert

Post by truth »

The truth will set you free...
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Magazines allert

Post by beasleydano »

bzinggg

Great post. Thanks for the info.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Magazines allert

Post by anjdrifter »

I liked the post and all the info and the micro pictures were great. I too am one of the leave the double action alone. that is a personal choice.If I need a quick self defense shot I have no problem with it . the sa is my favorite method if I want to take aim and fire. I quailfy every six months with mine as I have carry permit and also carry under HR 218. Had a little problem with a trigger pin but another poster (Norm) was great at helping me fix it.Now I can carry it again with no concerns. Not to sound blood thirsty,as I am not and have enough experience and training to avoid shooting,I have problem when using double action I will fire of a second or third round because of felt recoil or kick or dont get my finger off trigger faster enough.But if I need the gun for the first shot i wont mind the other shots. Like the MFS ammo
the best. I have a habit now to smack the magazine to seat it since I do that have no feed problem or jam. al
krasniewski

Magazines allert

Post by krasniewski »

I never said anything about filing the action. ???

My mistake, I meant filing the mag.
kgeorge

Magazines allert

Post by kgeorge »

Magazines update. Hello you all. This is a translation from Russian forum about feeding problems 9x18 Mak. My 1974 p-64 has 2 magazines maybe from earlier models and I had problems to feed chamber with first cartridge. It was to tight and I figured out way with slowly motion by hand. When I just release slide by spring I had a jam. During shooting I had less problems but gun was very sensitive for some brands of ammo. By the way I just forgot to say I already changed main spring to #16 Wolf. In 30% last shot kick magazine out. I try to use Winchester by S&B. Consider moving back to original setup IMHO slide hit to hard the frame. My third magazine I bought ($ 35.00) on the Dixie Gun Show looks very different as you can see on the picture and working great. So…
PS: Sorry for my terrible English,

1. Remove the slide from frame. 2. Disassemble the magazine and loose the spring. 3. Press and hold spring, than insert round into magazine. 4. Insert the magazine. Do not pull hard on the spring of the magazine start slowly pushing by finger cartridge into chamber. 6. Stop moving when bullet nose get in chamber 1-2 mm. 7. Make pencil marks on magazine lips in a place where cartridge bottom located. 8. Remove the magazine. 9. Carefully cut lips to pencil marks. 10. Enjoy your stay with a weapon that no longer jam if do everything as described. Do not forget to share ideas. Sincerely.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Magazines allert

Post by beasleydano »

kgeorge

I feel for you, my friend! I have 2 P-64s of different years and the original mags that I got with them and 6 others that I bought from SOG for $9.95 each all function without a hitch in either pistol. I have thought about changing mainsprings but just decided to keep them stock. I just traded for another P-64 of a different year with 3 mags and have not yet received it. Your tale has me keeping my fingers crossed! I envy your patience and appreciate the information.