Mt new p64....ejecting

Info, pictures, advice...
115grfmj

Mt new p64....ejecting

Post by 115grfmj »

Okay.....my new p64 has what I would term extremely positive ejection :o. to the tune of around 20 ft. I've never owned a pistol before that threw brass into the next county like this. It took me an hour to find 100 cases. My club has outdoor ranges with tables and a small roof over each one, My brass was pelting the guy sitting at the next table. My question is, is this normal for the p64??? and what can be done to make it ecject a little closer (so I can find the brass).
Last edited by 115grfmj on November 20th, 2006, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
b52stan

Mt new p64....ejecting

Post by b52stan »

Normal, normal.
makshooter

Mt new p64....ejecting

Post by makshooter »

I use a wood or cardboard box set on its side to the immediate right of my semi-auto pistols and rifles to collect the brass. For added effectiveness, lining the bottom of the box with shipping foam seems to help prevent the brass from flying back out of the box.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mt new p64....ejecting

Post by bzinggg »

Sometimes, when the recoil spring gets weak, the slide moves rearward with inadequate resistence and therefore at greater speed, ejecting the casing with greater force. It can be symptomatic of a weakening recoil spring.
vermonter

Mt new p64....ejecting

Post by vermonter »

Wait a few more weeks. Wolff Gunsprings is developing a new recoil spring. Don't beat up the frame in the mean time with excessive use.