Missed my chance at unissued P64s

Info, pictures, advice...
bvd1

Missed my chance at unissued P64s

Post by bvd1 »

When unissued p64s were $129 with two mags I didn't buy because of the bad reviews I read about trigger pull. I did the same with the norinco makarovs when they were $129, I read they were inferior. I was buying many makarovs at the time. I am now searching for an unissued p64 and will pay much more. I no longer decide what to buy on someone elses opinion. I've learned, if you like it buy it before it's too late.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missed my chance at unissued P64s

Post by dfunk »

I bought my first P64 unissued from SOG and it came with deep dark bluing and 3 mags, 2 of which were electro-penciled to match the pistol. That was pretty much the standard at the time. Yes, those days are long gone, but something else will take their place. When I think back on a few that I missed the boat on, a few come to mind pretty quickly
Bulgy or German Maks, Norinco SKS's, Swiss K31, CZ52's, etc

These guns used to be dirt cheap and the ammo, too - not so anymore!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

dfunk wrote:I bought my first P64 unissued from SOG and it came with deep dark bluing and 3 mags, 2 of which were electro-penciled to match the pistol. That was pretty much the standard at the time. Yes, those days are long gone, but something else will take their place. When I think back on a few that I missed the boat on, a few come to mind pretty quickly
Bulgy or German Maks, Norinco SKS's, Swiss K31, CZ52's, etc

These guns used to be dirt cheap and the ammo, too - not so anymore!
+1 with DF, my first two P-64's were $129 and came with 3 mags from SOG. I think you had to buy two to get the $129 price back then??? and the mags were electro-penciled to the the gun, at one time I had 5 P-64's. I did follow through by getting a couple Bulgy Mak's back in the day for $150 ea. and a few CZ52's for the same price along with nice conditioned $100 Swiss K-31's [3], my Norinco SKS was $125and my '51 Russian SKS [Tula] was $225. I had to look that one up it was so long ago, but my E. German Mak I only got a couple years ago for was $300. Today I'm down to one each, each of the above, had to thin the herd a couple years after I retired, so many guns, so little money now..... Papa
dburkott

Post by dburkott »

I was able to get an unissued P64 a few months ago for $179 w/spare mag. Much higher than if I bought 4 years ago when I first saw one. My redemption is my 1942 Swiss K31, dark walnut that I got for $129 six years ago in Excellent condition. She is a treasure that I will never part with. It'll shoot better than any modern rifle. Sorry to get off-topic...