Question on J&G guns

Info, pictures, advice...
jaz

Question on J&G guns

Post by jaz »

Has anyone purchased a p64 from J&G recently? What condition was it in? I know Cabelas has them on sale but the nearest Cabelas that I can purchase at is a 2 hour drive away. ( I have a Cabelas 5 minutes away, but it is in a different sate.)
Dentite

Re: Question on J&G guns

Post by Dentite »

I bought one last weekend. A friend and I each got one. I got a '74 and he got a '69. The "floor model" was a little beat up. The salesman brought four guns back for us to look at (handed two to each of us). We were each able to pick one of them as acceptable quality. Mine is what I would call "good" or "very good" condition. No major scratches, mainly some minor holster wear around the muzzle of the slide, and general imperfections. I would pay the $10 hand select fee if ordering online. I posted some photos here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3413

Hope that helps.

John
Tufrthnails

Post by Tufrthnails »

I got 2 one shoots great. The other I am working on.
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

jaz wrote:Has anyone purchased a p64 from J&G recently? What condition was it in?
Got mine a few weeks ago from J&G, excellent shape, like new even- mid-70s build with the new style hammer. I asked for hand select, was listed on the invoice but they forgot to charge me the $10. That was a pleasant surprise.

Not so pleasant was the 2 FTEs I got during the first 50 rounds. Working on that one...(posted elsewhere).
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

I bought my 77 P64 from J&G early in March and am very happy with it. They brought 3 out, 68', 73' & 77'. All had minor wear and blemishes but the 77 had the least amount of visible wear on the moving parts. It also had a little pitting on the left side of the slide which the others did not have but I chose it based on the least appearant use. I put over 100 rds through it on my 1st outing last weekend and even got all 6 rds into 1 poker card at 21 feet. I have other guns but this is my new favorite. Need another too.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
rd2007

Post by rd2007 »

I just got mine from there this week. I ordered it Monday and it was at my FFL Wednesday. It's a 1970 model and I paid the extra $10 for hand select. Put a little over 50 rounds through it yesterday with zero issues. I'm happy.
schapm

Post by schapm »

I got the hand select one from J&G Sales. Arrived last Friday. On Saturday I put 100 rounds through. Had some ammo issues (Brown Bear) but no gun issues. Gun was very nice and clean, I would rate it very good. Deal with confidence if you order from J&G.
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

I personally drove to J&G Sales and picked out my P-64 (benefit of being only 80 miles from Prescott). Great store, great people. I got the spring kits at the same time. Fed a couple of mags of S&B ammo through it with no hiccups. Need to hit the outdoor range so I can dump my Silver Bear through it. J&G is a great place.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
soram

Post by soram »

WardenWolf wrote:I personally drove to J&G Sales and picked out my P-64 (benefit of being only 80 miles from Prescott). Great store, great people. I got the spring kits at the same time. Fed a couple of mags of S&B ammo through it with no hiccups. Need to hit the outdoor range so I can dump my Silver Bear through it. J&G is a great place.
All three of mine came from J&G (no hand select) and I have been mostly happy with them. One had a nick @ the breech probably caused by extracting steel cases(?). SEE HERE

I'll probably use that one as a parts gun. Norm said it "should" be okay since the nick is not as deep as the extraction "cut out", but I haven't had a 'smith' look at it, though.

Overall I have been happy with J&G Sales.

Ross
Babydaddy

Post by Babydaddy »

Got mine yesterday. Almost perfect condition. Very nice. Stiff safety needs work, otherwise I love it. They are sold out it seems.