Just picked up my P-64...a few pics

Info, pictures, advice...
Dentite

Just picked up my P-64...a few pics

Post by Dentite »

Hey gang,

This seems like an invaluable resourse for the P-64. I just picked one up at J&G yesterday. Got it home, cleaned it up a bit and ran three mags through it. Two mags of Brown Bear FMJ, and one mag of Silver Bear JHP.

It worked flawlessly for me so far...really feels nice in the hand. Recoil wasn't bad...I shot all rounds in single action. I did pick up a spring kit I'll probably install after a few more mags.

I do think I'm going to order some of the wood grips from Dennis Marschal...the only hard part is deciding which ones!

It's not mint, but it's in nice condition with some minor holster wear around the muzzle end of the slide, etc.

camekanix

Re: Just picked up my P-64...a few pics

Post by camekanix »

Nice!!! Mine from J&G was in similar condition. shot about 100 rounds through it this weekend and am very impressed. I did get the Wolfe springs and am happy with the trigger feel and recoil.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

That looks really nice. I need to get up there again one of these days and check out their inventory.
hvacken

Post by hvacken »

Looks nice! I've been meaning to post up pics of my new P64, just have to take some. I was thinking of changing out the springs like you, but after I put a few hundred rounds through it, the DA pull has gotten much better. I think I'll leave it as is... I kind of like the heavy DA as sort of a safety as other people on here have noted. I fully expect the more that I shoot it, the better the DA pull will be.
Dentite

Post by Dentite »

Thanks guys!

I think I'll shoot it for a while and then consider changing the hammer/trigger springs. The recoil wasn't unbearable for me, so I don't have any plans to change the recoil spring but who knows I may change my mind for me.

Here's a gratuitious photo of the other toy I picked up at J&G the same trip:

Rough and tumble WASR10

rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

She's got nice _ _ _ _ and no acme!!! The Sandra Dee of pistols, small package, big bite. Good for you!
robalan

Post by robalan »

Dentite wrote:Hey gang,

This seems like an invaluable resourse for the P-64. I just picked one up at J&G yesterday. Got it home, cleaned it up a bit and ran three mags through it. Two mags of Brown Bear FMJ, and one mag of Silver Bear JHP.

It worked flawlessly for me so far...really feels nice in the hand. Recoil wasn't bad...I shot all rounds in single action. I did pick up a spring kit I'll probably install after a few more mags.

I do think I'm going to order some of the wood grips from Dennis Marschal...the only hard part is deciding which ones!

It's not mint, but it's in nice condition with some minor holster wear around the muzzle end of the slide, etc.

My collection of P64s has really grown over the years. I suggest you save yourself some shipping and buy several pairs of the wood grips. Enjoy!
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Sweet P64. It surprises me how nice many of these guns are. It's as if they stuck them in a holster and never took them out.
I ordered the alder wood grips. Since it will be my CCW I wanted the wood to have some resistance to moisture. last I saw he was running at about 8 weeks for delivery.
Dentite

Post by Dentite »

Thanks guys!