Damaged P-64 Magazine Extensions

Info, pictures, advice...
nitrousnoel

Damaged P-64 Magazine Extensions

Post by nitrousnoel »

I ordered what happened to be the last of spare factory mags from Centerfiresystems. All three mags had damaged finger extensions at the base of the mag. Does anyone know where I could get the replacements? Thanks
nitrousnoel

Re: Damaged P-64 Magazine Extensions

Post by nitrousnoel »

I guess nobody has purchased a mag or pistol with broken or damaged magazine extension.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

I just bought a dammaged magazine today. It still functioned, but it looked bad. I put it on the belt sander and reshaped the plastic. It works alot better for concealment. I don't know how bad yours are, but maybe you could try something like this, or just build up and reshape the bad area with epoxy.
nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

piaggior wrote:I just bought a dammaged magazine today. It still functioned, but it looked bad. I put it on the belt sander and reshaped the plastic. It works alot better for concealment. I don't know how bad yours are, but maybe you could try something like this, or just build up and reshape the bad area with epoxy.
You're a genius... I will do the same with the sander. Thanks
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Genius? Definately not(notice I misspelled damaged). Glad I could help. Let me know how far you take down the plastic. I left mine about 3/16" thick. I wanted to go all the way to the metal floorplate, but I don't know if it requires some plastic to stiffen the floorplate or not.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Here is how mine turned out so far. I might try to bring it down a bit more.

nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

piaggior wrote:Here is how mine turned out so far. I might try to bring it down a bit more.

That looks good. I haven't tried mine yet but I will here in the next week. I haven't got a belt sander, but I'll be getting one at the nearby Harbor Freight.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

nitro,

Looks pretty good, got a Dremel tool? It might be easier. Personally, it looks just as good to me.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

nitro,

Looks pretty good, got a Dremel tool? It might be easier. Personally, it looks just as good to me.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

nitro,

piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

rottenrick,

Have you ever done this before? If so, have you ever gone all the way gown to the metal floorplate? I'd like to try to remove all plastic, but I'm not sure if the floorplate will be stiff enough.
nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

rottenrick wrote:nitro,

Oh this is Piaggior's work... I am thinking of doing this but I was thinking of using either tool. I may just smooth them out enough to look right.
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

i used a dremel to take one down. turned out nice. not hard to do. just take your time.