Favorite/worst 9x18 ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Favorite/worst 9x18 ammo

Post by normsutton »

juniustaylor

that already been settled, that RCBS press are not made in China, if you don't believe call them

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Norm, the Lee kit has served me well since the day I bought it and I have thousands and thousands of rounds through it. You suggested another kit to me when I got started but Midway USA was no longer offering them as Christmas starter kit speciales and the person who I talked to on the phone advised me that Midway felt the Lee was of equal quality and I believed her. I know that sooner or later some thing is going to break, it is inevitable and I never could understand whey Lee put an extra hole in a press that was going to be used for hand gun cartridges. My RCB dies are my favorites, I think they are machined to a little tighter tolarences, especially the shell holders. I will eventually buy a progressive press when I have a problem with the Lee and I will be calling you for advise, you have never steered me wrong in the past and I trust your judgement implicitly. But for know I have what I have and I sure hope I don't put a hole in any of my valuable parts.
G.R.
mattwestm

Post by mattwestm »

I get the same weird smell with Brown Bear. Not only does it smell, but it's really dirty. Has anyone had any issues with shooting Brown/Silver Bear ammo? I hope the fried electronic smell isn't bad for my gun.
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

Just put probably 50 more rounds of S&B ammo through my P-64, with no hiccups. Was able to get a vertical string of shots touching during rapid fire at 20 feet on more than one occasion.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
mattwestm

Post by mattwestm »

What do you guys carry and what do you practice with? I carry Silver Bear JHP and practice with Brown Bear FMJ and Silver Bear JHP. I haven't shot a lot of Silver Bear, but does it have the same horrible smell as Brown Bear? I hope that smell isn't bad for my gun :-/