This guy has got to be off his rocker.

Info, pictures, advice...
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

This guy has got to be off his rocker.

Post by juniustaylor »

Some person on GunBroker selling a broke P-64 for $200 (Reserve Not Met), so who knows what he's trying to get out of it. -- Safety is Broke --
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =163456108
Seller is "gandermountain135". I can't believe they'd (Gander Mtn) try to scam some poor soul. They ought to keep the broken gun so that if someone brings their P-64, with a broken part, back to the store, then they would have a part to replace a broken part.

Almost as bad as the guy wanting $25 for a broken P-64 safety that he states is in "Very Good" condition.

However, this gun is kind of interesting. The slide date is 1969. Serial number on slide and frame match. However, the frame has the "A" stamped on it and it has the triangle shaped hammer. Strange since this was a Post-'72 modification.

halljt3

Re: This guy has got to be off his rocker.

Post by halljt3 »

Wow he must be crazy, I really hope no one actually buys this gun for that crazy price...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

juniustaylor

he also says the trigger doesn't work , doesn't look like it has a trigger bar in it ether

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

normsutton wrote:juniustaylor

he also says the trigger doesn't work , doesn't look like it has a trigger bar in it ether

NORM
Yeah, I was thinking that too when I read it - trigger bar missing. You sure can't see it between the grips and slide in any of those pictures.
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

In addition to the safety and trigger comments in the seller's description another one that jumps out is "There may be more issues". Hmmm. $200 seems pricey for a parts gun, be interesting to see if he sells it.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I wouldn't buy that thing on a bet. There is no telling what else is wrong with it.
soram

Post by soram »

blinddog wrote:I wouldn't buy that thing on a bet. There is no telling what else is wrong with it.
I agree. Why buy that one (with all of the aforementioned defects) when you can get a "brand new" one from J&G sales for "only" $154.95?! :shock:

Parts or no parts, that's just foolish!
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

I wouldn't buy anything from the pompous jerks that sell on gunbroker if you paid me. Too many bad experiences with over inflated egos!
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

I bought my P-64 for $200 without the slide.

Just kiddin'! That guy is nuts :roll:
ronnyreagan

Post by ronnyreagan »

I live in Green Bay... I'm not surprised by this. Last time I was at the Gander Mountain here I saw a used Kel-Tec P3AT for $300 when the other local shops have them new for $250.
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

ronnyreagan wrote:I live in Green Bay... I'm not surprised by this. Last time I was at the Gander Mountain here I saw a used Kel-Tec P3AT for $300 when the other local shops have them new for $250.
Just because somebody calls himself "gandermountain135" doesn't necessarily mean he's connected with them.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

torpeau wrote:Just because somebody calls himself "gandermountain135" doesn't necessarily mean he's connected with them.
Maybe it's just coincidence, but I don't think so. Do you really think that some random person from Green Bay, WI will make their username gandermountain135?

or...

Is it more logical that Gander Mountain Store #135 happens to be located in Green Bay, WI and they have a GunBroker account to sell stuff that may not sell in the store? Look it up if you like.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Could be someone looking to trade off of their name. Old trick. Use the name of a trusted company to scam others.
Not saying this is necessarily a scam, just pointing out a fact.
soram

Post by soram »

torpeau wrote:[...]Is it more logical that Gander Mountain Store #135 happens to be located in Green Bay, WI and they have a GunBroker account to sell stuff that may not sell in the store? Look it up if you like.
Torpeau is right, just Google 'gander mountain store #135'--there is a store (#135) in Green Bay. I think that is the logical explanation.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

soram wrote:
torpeau wrote:[...]Is it more logical that Gander Mountain Store #135 happens to be located in Green Bay, WI and they have a GunBroker account to sell stuff that may not sell in the store? Look it up if you like.
Torpeau is right, just Google 'gander mountain store #135'--there is a store (#135) in Green Bay. I think that is the logical explanation.
I was the one that made that statement.
Foo Bird wrote:Could be someone looking to trade off of their name. Old trick. Use the name of a trusted company to scam others.
Not saying this is necessarily a scam, just pointing out a fact.
That is possible.

Either way, it's a ripoff auction. I thought about sending them a message on GunBroker to tell them they're nuts. I mostly found the pistol interesting because of the year it was made. It has the "A" on the frame even though it's Pre-72 and it has the triangle-shaped hammer. That was something I found interesting. Maybe that's why they think it's worth so much. :?