Anyone store in a Jeep?

Info, pictures, advice...
Tufrthnails

Anyone store in a Jeep?

Post by Tufrthnails »

I Drive a Jeep Wrangler and I am trying to figure out how to secure my P-64 when I am not carrying such and while at work. I was thinking about welding in an ammo can and welding a hasp on it then foaming the inside so not to damage the pistol uneccessarily.
robalan

Re: Anyone store in a Jeep?

Post by robalan »

I noticed a neat little safe at cabelas. The inside is foam lined and it has a cable you could attach to something:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... .jsp.form1
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

What is did was similar to the ammo can lock up but I mounted an old lock box that we stored small pistols in when our armoury was changing over to the M-9s. It took a few trys to get it mounted in an area under the drives seat of the Wrangler, but once in it worked out really well. :wink:

Now between the Mrs and I we have had over 6 Wranglers. :D Mom and Pop brought us up in an old Willys Jeep that they had thru 5 kids. I utilized a Jeep Scrambler in S. Korea as I was a Mk 19 gunner. It was like Rat Patrol, with more damage value points. 8) I am looking for an old Scrambler to retore for my dune buggy to use here at the beach. :evilgrin:

The cheap console lock boxes do not work well for weapons. They can be opened in about 30-40 seconds. When I leave the Jeep the P-64 is usually with me. But I do understand that there are places where weapons are not allowed. :?
Tufrthnails

Post by Tufrthnails »

Thanks Might have to look into that.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... .jsp.form1

Keep looking you will find cheaper and smaller I put one under the rear driver side seat in my cherokee. 39.99
michaelap

Post by michaelap »