Found More P-64s

Info, pictures, advice...
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Found More P-64s

Post by Weasel640 »

There are currently four P-64s listed here at J&S Gun Parts. I have never dealt with J&S Gun Parts so I don't know how their customer support or product quality is. That said, they do not specify the condition of these pistols but they are in the NEW Guns section (there is a separate used section). Might be worth looking into, I don't know.

Weasel

P.S. I came across it searching for a parts list for the CZ VZ-61

Edited 2 April 2010

Looks like SOG has P-64s in stock now so here are the three places I know that have them;

Both of these include holster, and two mags;
J&S Gun Parts (unknown condition, 80-90% per phone call)
SOG (unknown condition, also has cleaning rod, only slight wear per phone call)

This one you only get gun and one mag;
J&G Sales (questionable condition, seems to have hit barrel bottom)
Last edited by Weasel640 on April 2nd, 2010, 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Foo Bird

Re: Found More P-64s

Post by Foo Bird »

$195? One magazine from what I can tell.

Let me add to the list of those that have them in stock as of today.

J&G Sales. $159.95 one magazine
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/2453
Tufrthnails

Post by Tufrthnails »

I purchased 2 from J&G. Not real happy. the decocker doesn't work on one due to someone filing. I replaced the hammer and recoil springs.
But for that price I guess I really didn't get shafted or anything.
robalan

Post by robalan »

Tufrthnails wrote:I purchased 2 from J&G. Not real happy. the decocker doesn't work on one due to someone filing. I replaced the hammer and recoil springs.
The prices seem tempting, but I have had the concern of getting something with problems. For someone real good at fixing guns it may be okay to go with the lower priced ones. I have paid a little more and had good luck with quality so far. Maybe someday I will be better at fixing them, but for now I count on it shooting well out of the box.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Tufrthnails wrote:I purchased 2 from J&G. Not real happy. the decocker doesn't work on one due to someone filing. I replaced the hammer and recoil springs.
Ouch. I almost bought one from J&G. If it were me I would have called them about it.
My P64 just came in today from MGS with a spare magazine-$169.99
100% functional. Looks almost unused other than holstering.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I have seen the condition of the J&G P-64s first hand. This is how they same they are rated:

VERY GOOD - Everything works, some wear on finish and working surfaces, minimal or no corrosion, but maybe some light freckling. Could have minor dents and scratches. Bore may not be shiny but should not be dark.
Modern guns = 70-85%, Old guns = 60-70% (*SEE NOTE)

**NOTE**: The grading of surplus guns in the middle grades (fair to very good) is also influenced by the overall average grade of the shipment we receive. If a shipment of guns is overall very good, the advertising will state that grade, however some guns in the shipment may be on the low end or high end of the stated average grade. Hand select fee gets you a nicer gun of the current shipment, it does not guarantee that your gun will be a grade higher; hand select is relative to the current shipment in stock. Also, a refinished or arsenal rebuilt gun is judged based on its condition after refinishing, being refinished does not automatically lessen or increase a gun's grade.

The one that I saw I'd say was more in the "Good" rating at close to 50% finish worn off.

Anyway I posted to give an alternate source as they are in the new section, they may be like new or unissued, you'd have to call to find out.

Weasel
Headless Norseman

Post by Headless Norseman »

AIM surplus has them back in stock. Should have waited and ordered from them, as I've been waiting 10 days and still haven't gotten mine from MGS.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Headless Norseman wrote:AIM surplus has them back in stock. Should have waited and ordered from them, as I've been waiting 10 days and still haven't gotten mine from MGS.
I ordered mine from MGS on the 18th and had to call them last Thursday (3/25). There was some kind of delay for reasons the guy I spoke with didn't know, but they got it set up for shipping that day and I got it yesterday.
First time I've ever had a problem with them.
Give them a call so they can look into things.

BTW, it's in excellent shape. They had a good batch. :mrgreen:
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Headless Norseman wrote:AIM surplus has them back in stock. Should have waited and ordered from them, as I've been waiting 10 days and still haven't gotten mine from MGS.
Um, How do you figure???? As far as I can tell AIM is SOLD OUT just like every where else. The pic below was copied from their P-64 page today.
AIM.JPG
AIM.JPG (9.35 KiB) Viewed 11265 times
Just Saying.....

Plus I called J&S Guns WA(360-943-4867) to see what they said; They have four that range from 80-90% original finish, the price includes two mags and a P-64 holster. Again, I have never dealt with them so I can NOT vouch for them.

So you can take your chances with J&G Sales AZ and pay for the extra mag and hand select hoping to get a good one, or you can go with J&S Guns WA for about the same price and get the holster as well.

Like I said the one that I've seen from J&G Sales AZ had only about 50% original finish and WELL USED to say the least.

Weasel
fraybentos

Post by fraybentos »

I got 2 in from J&G this week after my original was stolen from my car last week. These 2 are definitely a step down (and 1 mag less) from the 'original' I got (I think from AIM) about 4 years ago.

Also they were shipped in a fedex plastic bag, both just thrown in there. How hard would it have been to wrap them (hell even 1!) in newspaper so they don't ding against each other in transit?

Lots of wear on the high spots, and one even had some light pitting on tang. Both had nice bores and shot to poi at the range on Tuesday. Need to fit the Wolff springs, re-test them for reliability and then they will be my carry pieces again.

Might refinish at least the pitted one sometime in the future.
Arik

Post by Arik »

wow. The one I got from MilGunSupply came wrapped like a deli sandwich. Even the extra mag and cleaning rod were wrapped in a pound of paper.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

fraybentos wrote:I got 2 in from J&G this week after my original was stolen from my car last week. These 2 are definitely a step down (and 1 mag less) from the 'original' I got (I think from AIM) about 4 years ago.

Also they were shipped in a fedex plastic bag, both just thrown in there. How hard would it have been to wrap them (hell even 1!) in newspaper so they don't ding against each other in transit?

Lots of wear on the high spots, and one even had some light pitting on tang. Both had nice bores and shot to poi at the range on Tuesday. Need to fit the Wolff springs, re-test them for reliability and then they will be my carry pieces again.

Might refinish at least the pitted one sometime in the future.
Sounds like the perfect candidate for some Duracoat and many years of hard use!
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Looks like SOG has P-64s in stock now too. I called to verify; you get a holster, cleaning rod, and two mags. They say the P-64s look very good but show slight wear.

I also updated my first post to include all three places that still have P-64s in stock. Feel free to add if you know of any others.

Weasel
kleared2land

Post by kleared2land »

I bought my P64 about a month ago from Dan's Sporting Goods in Apollo, PA. The web site listed them as very good to excellent, P64 and two mags for $159. I spoke to Dan on the phone, and he said some of them looked like new. I asked if he would hand select one for me that looked like new, and he said he would. There was no charge for that. When the firearms instructor/armorer at work disassembled it to install the Wolf mainspring for me he said it looked like it had never been fired, and showed absolutely no wear on the rails. The gun looks like new out of the box. Unfortunately, I just checked the web site, and p64's are no longer listed so the must be sold out, but I would certainly recommend Dan's for future purchases.

Fred
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

WOW the two I got from J&G were in what appeared to be unfired condition. I only got one mag with each gun but that was a couple of years ago. Wonder if they are down to the bottom of the barrel now.