Need stock grip screw and metric nut

Info, pictures, advice...
japanesegunguy

Need stock grip screw and metric nut

Post by japanesegunguy »

Does anyone have a resource to purchase an original grip screw and metric nut for the grips?
Thanks in advance
cichlid

Re: Need stock grip screw and metric nut

Post by cichlid »

japanesegunguy wrote:Does anyone have a resource to purchase an original grip screw and metric nut for the grips?
Thanks in advance
Check this page and scroll down to the bottom. it is explained there.

http://www.p64resource.com/fixes.php
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

You're going to pretty much be out of luck for finding the actual Polish parts. Your best bet is to hit up Lowe's, ACE, Home Depot, True-Value, and any other local hardware store. The overall length of the screw is 26mm. The shank and threaded portion totals 24mm. The threaded portion alone is 6mm, however, you don't even use the entire threaded portion. Like cichlid said, check that fix page for the nut size... I'll just post it here anyway - M3 with .50 pitch.

If for some reason you cannot find a bolt, you can purchase a cheap metricTap & Die set from Harbor Freight tools. It has a die for M3-0.5 --- http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=39384
You'd need a screw/bolt with an unthreaded shank area of atleast 1 inch, preferably 1.25". The diameter of the bolt shank needs to be .1155" or 2.94mm. From there you could thread the shank and cut the bolt down to the correct length. It's tedious, I know, but it would definitely work.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I have one. E-mail me.