P-64 for hunting

Info, pictures, advice...
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: P-64 for hunting

Post by blinddog »

An individual can consume some really strange uh food in the P.I.
boomer

Post by boomer »

Ah Yes the Navy!......18 months in Cambodia and you will develop a wide taste acceptance. Just close your eyes and enjoy the smell. Some of it was not bad when a enough rice was mixed in.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I love the memories I have about that part of the world, I like getting up with my old navy buds and remembering all the disgusting things that we can remember. But, some of it was great just the same!
boomer

Post by boomer »

I sure don't love the memories or the stink of drainage ditches that ran right thought he middle of the villages. I never seen people live like that before.
ndaugbjerg

Post by ndaugbjerg »

blinddog wrote:Rotten rick, I was stationed in the P.I. in 69 and 70 at San Miguel. Where and when were you there? :D
Rick,
I was in Okinawa and we drank a lot of San Miguel
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Ahhh, Okinawa, went to pacaf life support and sea survival school and physiological flight traning there. Alot different from P.I. but a great place to be.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

I was a carrier sailor, squadron not ships company. Plus flew through there numerous times, funny thing the aircraft just 'Happened to go down' for a couple of days. Played 'Smiles' several times though. Was never stationed there, if I had been, I'd be dead, running the streets. Those were the days. Work hard, play hard. In some ways the middle east just plain _ucked, the 'Far East was where it's at!! Singapore, on 'Boogie Street' Isreal was good, Oh! those Sabra's, grow breast's before they grow teeth. Drank 'Tiger' San Migel ,Manila for breakfast with Lumpia, Ponsit, fired rice.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Man, I gotta go eat, you have made me hungry!!!
nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

I would not hunt with it by itself, but I trapped a 400 lb. hog (Texas) and used my P-64. One shot between the eyes dropped him down like a sack of bricks. I had 94 gr. Silver Bear fmj's in it. It definitely made me a believer as a self-defense gun mainly for spring/summer carry. I use Hornady 95 gr. hollowpoints integrated with Fiocchi 95 gr. fmj's for self-defense. I have to save my Hornady's as long as I can, until I can find more.