P-64 for hunting

Info, pictures, advice...
bt2010

P-64 for hunting

Post by bt2010 »

Just wondering if any on you guys had taken any animals with the p-64. I am planning on taking the taurus raging bull this year, Hope to take a hog.

This may be an off the wall one, but hey, you never know.
robalan

Re: P-64 for hunting

Post by robalan »

I have not tried hunting with the P64. For me, anything past 15 yards would just get scared by the noise. Last year I did go deer hunting with a S&W 460. I didn't get lucky enough to find any deer, but I really liked the pistol hunting and will do it again next year.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

robalan,
I used to have a H&R 999 .22lr top break revolver. I used to try and shoot fuzzy tailed tree rats with it, was only successful about 2/3's of the time. I traded it, now wished I hadn't. On my property 10 acres of oak woods in Florida, the gray little suckers are all over the place. My wife is trying to get me to cull them, because of the bird feeders and they drive the dogs crazy. I've resisted so far, because if things go south they're FOOD. The big red fox squirrels are much easier to hit, but they don't have them in florida.
robalan

Post by robalan »

I have a Taurus Tracker 22LR with a scope. The small game idea is what I had in mind when I bought it. The past year I had a lot of home improvement projects going and just didn't have much time to give it a try. Thanks, yes, I need to get out and see how it goes. That 2/3 success rate sounds good. I am sure it will take some time for me to work up to it.
bt2010

Post by bt2010 »

I have the beretta U-22 neos. with a red dot on it. I use it when I go coonhunting.
music300

Post by music300 »

Have a Buckmark 22 and groundhogs living under my front porch. Getting a red dot for it and hoping for luck this summer. John
robalan

Post by robalan »

music300 wrote:Have a Buckmark 22 and groundhogs living under my front porch. Getting a red dot for it and hoping for luck this summer. John

Stew is good even in the summer. I am not sure how groundhogs taste. Let us know. :D
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

I have workers that will 'Eat anything that doesn't eat them first'. When someone offers you food, never turn it down, it offends people. Besides it's great entertainment for them, wanting too see the 'Boss' puke. I've eaten coon', possum', cooter', rocky mountain oysters, nutria and snapen turtle at work. Never had a bit of trouble. Everything was ok' except the possum was a little greasy. But, never had Ground Hog, let me know how it turns out. Andrew Zimmer eat your heart out!!
ndaugbjerg

Post by ndaugbjerg »

bt2010 wrote:Just wondering if any on you guys had taken any animals with the p-64. I am planning on taking the taurus raging bull this year, Hope to take a hog.

I took a 7 point white tail with a Chevrolet once but that was not my weapon of choice.
robalan

Post by robalan »

ndaugbjerg wrote:
bt2010 wrote:Just wondering if any on you guys had taken any animals with the p-64. I am planning on taking the taurus raging bull this year, Hope to take a hog.

I took a 7 point white tail with a Chevrolet once but that was not my weapon of choice.
That is what I call taking them by overwhelming force. But try a S&W 460 next time. :D
Last edited by robalan on March 18th, 2010, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

ndaugbjerg wrote:I took a 7 point white tail with a Chevrolet once but that was not my weapon of choice.
LOL!!!!! :P :mrgreen:
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

rottenrick, have you ever eaten monkey or dog, both are good. Monkey tastes like pork and dog is stringy.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Blinddog,

Yes ate dog in the P.I. Chicken Paws, Didn't know it was dog at the time. It's interesting how they stuff the dog with rice. Stave the dog for a couple of days, feed it half cooked rice. Slaughter it. It's already stuffed. Then there's Balut anyone had one??
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Rotten rick, I was stationed in the P.I. in 69 and 70 at San Miguel. Where and when were you there? :D
robalan

Post by robalan »

Thanks guys, you helped me figure something out I had wondered about for years. My brother went to vocational school to learn how to cook. They showed him what goes in hotdogs and then he stopped eating them. Later he went in the Navy and was stationed in P.I.. When my brother returned home he had no problem eating hotdogs.