My modified P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Well a standard size rail would work on the dust cover. The problem was if you wanted to fit anything under there it have to be very compact. Otherwise your rail will protrude past the muzzle to allow for the length of the light/lasers. Any suggestions regarding this mod would be welcomed.

I also remember I had mentioned checkering the front strap. After measuring the thickness I found it's too thin to get really nice sharp checkering. So, I'll use grip tape as the alternative to this.
barnett3006

My modified P-64

Post by barnett3006 »

The laser sights for a Walther P22 are nice and compact, one might fit pretty well on a P64.

-- or --

perhaps a set of Zee Laser Grips are in order...
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

I thought of that too. It might be a little big. I did look at this laser sight and this looks like the one we could use with the light rail mount mod. It has no cross bar support on the mounting claw part of it (that I could see in the pic anyway). The dimensions are short enough and it's not very wide either.

Check it out- http://www.laserlyte.com/sub-compact/1sub-compact.html
dirtyharry

My modified P-64

Post by dirtyharry »

Now that is a sweet little laser. Cheaper Than Dirt has them for around $130.
barnett3006

My modified P-64

Post by barnett3006 »

What about mounting one of those universal laser sights (the ones that mount precariously to the trigger guard http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=187174), only instead of mounting it in the usual location it could be mounted to either the right side of the slide or to the top of the right grip panel using an adhesive system similar to what the clipdraw uses.

A simple mounting bracket could also be made if the adhesive from the clipdraw didnt work.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

I see the makings of p-64 laser grips in the works here. That was one I hadn't considered looking at trying.
spartan

My modified P-64

Post by spartan »

Are any of these mods going to offered as services by your gunsmith shop? I don't own one, yet, but the beavertail and sights look pretty good, nice work.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Most of the mods are offered for any gun.