My modified P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

My modified P-64

Post by dolang1 »

alaziela, I enjoyed looking at your P-64. I even painted the bullet in the chamber button like you did. Thanks for the idea. I enjoy changing the milsurp stuff, so keep showing up with your ideas. The only reason I won't be here is because I finally got the nerve to shoot my mosin nagant pistol. Later Don
truth

My modified P-64

Post by truth »

I removed my offensive post from this thread. I had no idea adults would be so sensitive; I'm sorry. One technique in developing real confidence and humility is to reflect on the example of those whose self-importance makes them the object of ridicule to others.
They may not be aware of how foolish they look, but it is plain to everyone else. This is not a matter of sitting in judgement on others, rather it is a question of bringing home to ourselves the negative effects of such states of heart and mind. By seeing, through the example of others, where they lead, we will be all the more determined to avoid them.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

My modified P-64

Post by devlinfaust »

Alaziela,

I thoroughly enjoyed your sharing with us what you had done with your P-64. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the first time someone put a skeletonized trigger on a 1911, or made customized grips for it, that there were objections by some as it was spoiling something truly great. Now, we take that sort of customization for the great Colt for granted, and even S & W, Kimber, Dan Wesson, Valtro and others offer their own 'customized' spin-offs of the 1911, by and large with good acceptance. Of course, all that started with someone tinkering with the gun to try this modification or that, to see how it worked.

I am starting to see some modifications of the CZ-52 out there, as well. To me, it is the most sincere form of flattery to the designers of these excellent firearms that after so many years, persons still enjoy them and respect them enough to try to modify them--rather than just leaving them in a drawer somewhere in a 'who cares?' mode.

If you get the chance and are so inclined, I hope that you will share your future modifications of this excellent weapon.

Again, thanks.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Alright, first off thanks for the feedback. I'll continue sharing and exchanging ideas. I was thinking the same thing about the 1911 and how there had to have been resistance to changing the gun.

Now that's out of the way. I have had one idea that I've been scratching my head on if I should try doing. Now those of you un-modded die-hards will most likely roll your eyes. LOL

Been eyeing the dust cover, and thinking if it is possible to add a tactical light rail to it. Most of the newer compacts like the Springfield XD for example are being made with them. The added weight to the front may also tame the muzzle jump which could be an added bonus, but at this point it's all speculation.
Last edited by alaziela on November 15th, 2006, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjsixgun

My modified P-64

Post by rjsixgun »

you can always use a weaver scope rail and epoxy it onto the dist cover. JB Weld or Accure Glass should be stong enough.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

I was thinking that too. I had an old tac rail blank which is steel and is thick enough to contour to the angle of the cover, then jb weld or solder it on. Sounds like a good possibility.
rjsixgun

My modified P-64

Post by rjsixgun »

I did that to a magazine base plate for a Browning HP-9mm and mounted a mini-mag lite to it once. It worked great, till I sold the gun and the mag with it...............LOL. But it does work.
tunnelrat

My modified P-64

Post by tunnelrat »

I am proud of my Distinguished Flying Cross and six Air Medals, awarded to me because I saved many American lives.
And rightly so! Those dadgum Air Medals were hard to come by. In the 1st Cav I had to make 25 Combat Assaults to get just one.

I have been thanked many times by American soldiers and marines for the smell of napalm, any time of day. They survived, and came home.
Yup, napalm saved my rosy buttocks on more than one occasion. Thank you for the on time delivery!
b52stan

My modified P-64

Post by b52stan »

Tunnelrat,

You had it much tougher than I did, but I always did my best to think of our guys on the ground.
Only those who have experienced combat can understand.

Thanks for the kind words,

Stan
Last edited by b52stan on November 16th, 2006, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

My modified P-64

Post by barnett3006 »

To the men and women who fought and died,
On foreign lands far and wide,
To those who bled to gain our countries ground,
To those dug-in the sands of the terrorist hound,
To all who died for our dear Old Glory,
To the American Soldiers that give us freedom without worry,
I offer my hand in a grateful gesture,
and give a simple Thank You...
p64

My modified P-64

Post by p64 »

I like the beavertail and the grips, very nice.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Ok on the tactical rail on the dust cover. You can put one on and look quite decent. The problem is finding a light/laser sight that is compact enough to fit unto it. I figure if the rail is made to be a tad longer then the muzzle you could attach the Insight Technologies X2 light that was also made for the XD Compact. This is one that I opted out of since the market seems very limited in lights/ lasers.
Last edited by alaziela on November 16th, 2006, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Another idea and not sure if I want to try this or not. I've been thinking what this fine gun didn't have that many others did have equipped- a slide release. By looking at the ejector/slide stop on the frame it is possible to make one that has a thumb release protruding from the underside of the slide. This would require some minor file work to the frame. The release wouldn't stick out any further then the safety on the slide- to keep it from snagging when pulling from a concealed position(pockets, inside the pants etc.).

alaziela
Last edited by alaziela on December 5th, 2006, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyharry

My modified P-64

Post by dirtyharry »

Great idea, alaziela. I'm looking forward to what you come up with for mounting a laser (or rail, as the case may be).

The modifications are cool to look and the process you describe is educational. I’m pretty proud of some things I’ve done to a stamped AK, but nothing approaching the difficulty of what your doing with the 64.

Keep it up.

Cheers.
barnett3006

My modified P-64

Post by barnett3006 »

perhaps a 3/8" dovetail mount would fit better, after being contoured to fit the dust cover.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... SCOPE+BASE

just an idea, it might be a pain in the butt to fine 3/8" tactical accesories though.