My modified P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Lol I haven't gone to the range yet. I'll let you guys know as soon as I do.

Okay for the beaver-tail I had cut off the beaver-tail part off of a 1911 beaver-tail. I had filed to get it to fit as best as I could and then soldered it on the frame then filed to shape. I did the side filing after it was attached to get it even on both sides. I'm sure JB weld would work too. I lined up the beaver-tail with the bottom of the hammer notch on the frame.

So far the last thing I can think of is front strap checkering of some sort. If there are any other ideas as to what we can do to a P-64 let me know.
b52stan

My modified P-64

Post by b52stan »

truth, no offense taken, but you being "raised deep in this country" may have stunted your exposure to the real world, or limited your education.

Since you haven't tried any of these "damndest things" done to the P-64, you have no right to condemn them. Your devil icon seems to signify a propensity to go against facts and logic.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one(almost everyone), but until you come up with fact instead of unfounded opinion, you're wasting your breath, and polluting this board.
Last edited by b52stan on November 13th, 2006, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

My modified P-64

Post by papabear »

And How you miss Napalm in the morning that burned the skin off children, old people, and the enemy is cute???
truth,

I'm going to assume this comment was ment in jest, however, if your are trying to start a flame, my I suggest you be careful what you ask for.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

My modified P-64

Post by nbender »

Moderator, check please ...
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

I agree with the fact these are great guns just as they are. And like I said in the original post I happen to like seeing what can be done to a gun. I like to see what all can be done. It's like cars. Why take a good off road truck and add a bunch of things to it? I'm planning to get another one of these and leave it as it is. I encourage opinions and feedback- not attacks. This thread wasn't meant to start conflicts, just friendly conversation and exchange of ideas. I had seen posts on here about ideas on "how can i..." and "what if..." and thought about seeing if I could do. If anyone finds that offensive then I apologize.

Just my two cents.
b52stan

My modified P-64

Post by b52stan »

nbender, I totally agree. This "devil" has OPINED on things that he knows nothing about, but I guess that's his right as a left wing pinko commie, as I assume from his latest comments.

And for our little "devil", I am proud of my Distinguished Flying Cross and six Air Medals, awarded to me because I saved many American lives. The politics didn't matter to me at the time, but as I recall, it was the liberal left wingers that forced us out of South Viet Nam, and gave it to North Vietnam. Iraq is next, the way it looks.

I have been thanked many times by American soldiers and marines for the smell of napalm, any time of day. They survived, and came home.

My DD 214, which shows my military history and decorations, is available to anyone who wants a copy.

Stan Bialek
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Last edited by b52stan on November 14th, 2006, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozarker

My modified P-64

Post by ozarker »

Come on guys, cool it. We have a nice forum here. As you can see I don;t post all that much, but I check it out everynight. And I have really enjoyed doing so because whatever past, experience we have, we have keep to the subject which is the P-64 and related subjects. We can trade till hell freezes over on "who is the fastest gun in the west".

Being honest there is another forum I also enjoy and that is the Hi-point. I don't own one, trying to buy one of their carbines (.40). Except for one short problem which the moderator taken care of very quickly, it has been very enjoyable also. I do own a Ruger P91DC. It not the latest version, and I see very little info about it, but I like to look. I check that forum everynight also. Don't know why because there is about 4-6 guys on there, which if I see who has made the post, I don't open to read. They seem to enjoy, but man talk about flame wars.

I also honor anyone who has served. I don't care if its the Pvt to the 4 star General. Since this country does not have the draft anymore, each generation foreword has volunteered. So unless your RA its not likely you have seen anything and have no way of knowing how you would react. I am of the time when you had to make a choice are you could wait and take your chances with the draft. As they say "War is Hell" . Look at WWII. Just one case of when the Army Air Corp bombed Dresden, Ger. The civilian loss was something else. But today when the other side cuts throats on TV in Iraq we hear very little. Yet we're the bad wolf on worldly violation of human rights. Rant over.. Lets get back to our P-64's and you have my permission to do whatever you wish. It's your property... Ozarker
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

My modified P-64

Post by duggi60 »

I enjoyed this modified P64 project -- man is an inventive &
courious creature not always right & not always wrong, to be
hostile to each other seems to be the nature of the beast !
I agree, lets get back to the business of our P64s. Bless all
that have served & now served our great nation so we can
be free to express ourselves as American citizens.
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

My modified P-64

Post by rlj102468 »

If you like the mods or not ( I don't really care for them myself ), This is a board about the handgun. The great thing about it is the freedom to get on the internet and talk about this fine gun. I can find no where else that has wonderful info like this. There are nice and smart people here that are very helpful, and are willing to give their time and comments for free, just for the asking. Thanks for such a great site! Cut the shit and leave the politics for the other sites on the net. Just my thoughts.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
jbailey

My modified P-64

Post by jbailey »

When I saw the earlier post, I KNEW it was gonna go down like this. I like guns. They are fun to shoot, fun to tinker with, and can be damn useful at certain times. In general, I like 'gun people', because we share a liking of guns. But when guns and politics start getting mixed up, I usually backpedal. Perhaps what irritates me about the way this is going is that I have to wade through a whole bunch of OT "stuff" to find out if anything USEFUL has been contributed to the original thread topic?

Seems to me that the great majority of members (including me) have modified their P-64, are thinking about it, or want to read how someone else has modified theirs. Frankly, I hesitated posting anything about my disconnector modification to allow cocked and locked, because I didn't want to deal with the 'backlash'. It's gratifying to me that it didn't happen. Let's keep it that way! It's a great forum and one or two 'slips' into 'flame city' shouldn't start a wildfire.
alaziela

My modified P-64

Post by alaziela »

Well, I sincerly hope some of you enjoyed the post. As for me I'm washing my hands of the project thread entirely.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

My modified P-64

Post by normsutton »

alaziela

PLEASE DON'T STOP

Its your gun do what you want with it and please share the knowledge

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

My modified P-64

Post by papabear »

alaziela,

I hope you keep coming back, you didn't start anything, you offered a honest opinion on something that was important to you, and that is what this forum is all about, and nearly all of us here want a place to come and share and compare our ideas and get answers to our problems on the this great little pistol.

Regards,

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
rjsixgun

My modified P-64

Post by rjsixgun »

Well now this got heated fast! Personally I love my P-64, but I do agree with it needing some improvements!!! That beaver-tail is nice, a little long for what I was thinking but NICE!!!!!! I just might have to copy your idea!!!
oneshot

My modified P-64

Post by oneshot »

alaziela it looks like a labor of a love !

I am the same way and I have some great ideas and as soon as I modify one of mine, the pics will be up for those of us who truly enjoy and appreciate what it takes to be creative and especially when it comes to making something great even better.

hint: think of the two things most everyone wishes the p64 had !

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING