SOG p-64 mags

Info, pictures, advice...
pappy83

SOG p-64 mags

Post by pappy83 »

SOG keeps saying they're going to get more in. Does anyone know what they'll be selling them for once they do get them in. The ffl I use is on vacation so can't have him call. Any of you have your ffl and already called and know how much they'll charge?
tunnelrat

SOG p-64 mags

Post by tunnelrat »

The ffl I use is on vacation so can't have him call. Any of you have your ffl and already called and know how much they'll charge?
Why do you need an ffl to call about magazines...?
steve98664

SOG p-64 mags

Post by steve98664 »

SOG is very strange about FFL stuff. They won't send you a flyer unless you have an FFL. However, they will let you order non-firearm items like ammo or holsters. I found this out on my last order of a holster from them.

I think they hire really bad phone representatives who know little to nothing about their policies or products. Having said that, I have been luck to have purchase 3 pistols from them in better-than-promised condition.

One phone rep told me the CZ50/70 holsters they sell are not sized right for a CZ50/70....???? Another rep told me the CZ82 I bought would probably have a shot out barrel with no rifling. (Polygonal rifling!!)

truth

SOG p-64 mags

Post by truth »

How was the condition of the cz-82, from them???
What did it come with??? I think it will be my next purchase.
pappy83

SOG p-64 mags

Post by pappy83 »

The ffl I use is on vacation so can't have him call. Any of you have your ffl and already called and know how much they'll charge?
Why do you need an ffl to call about magazines...?

You got me, she said she couldn't give the info out unless I was a dealer, I even asked her check the guy I use and I guess I was only set up for a 1 time purchase through his ffl so yeah she wouldn't give the info. Crazy though
steve98664

SOG p-64 mags

Post by steve98664 »

My SOG CZ82 came in the promised condition. The exterior is rough, but the finish on these is prone to chipping since they are not blued. The polymer coating is explained on the CZ website in their FAQ section.

I am considering getting an AIM or mak dot com CZ82 since they both sell grades of the pistol that are much better than SOG. AIM seems like the best deal to me.... I have purchased from AIM before and they are really good to deal with also.

I do know of at least 2 people who got SOG CZ82's with missing slide release springs. Sounds minor, but you cannot just buy a new spring, you have to "upgrade" the pistol yourself and get a new spring from CZ which involves drilling the pistol. If you do get one of these, test it right when it arrives and make sure that the slide operation is normal. If you get one with a missing slide spring, send it back immediately! SOG CZ82s don't come with the holster or the cleaning tool. Well, mine didn't.
Last edited by steve98664 on October 29th, 2006, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.