9x18 Power

Info, pictures, advice...
robalan

Re: 9x18 Power

Post by robalan »

I am going to relate this post to the subject by saying knowledge is power. :D I grew up with guns, but I think I have learned more in the post couple of years than in all the time before it. Here is my little plug. I would really like to see more people take gun safety classes. In addition to some of the courses I have taken alone, I have managed to get my wife to take courses in gun safety, hunting, and muzzle loading. So I urge folks to get their family involved in learning about firearms. In my area the Hunters and Anglers club is really big on offering several courses at a price that appears to be at cost. I remember the pistol safety course was only $7.
boomer

Post by boomer »

You can never practice TOO MUCH gun safety. There is no such thing as being TOO SAFE.
vermilionmakarov

Post by vermilionmakarov »

There is plenty of loading data about 9x18 Mak ammo on Makarov.com compare that to load data on other calibers if you like but I like the ballistics of the cartridge which is why I have a true Russian (ex military not one of the IJ-70's either) Mak and a P-64.
robalan

Post by robalan »

vermilionmakarov wrote:There is plenty of loading data about 9x18 Mak ammo on Makarov.com compare that to load data on other calibers if you like but I like the ballistics of the cartridge which is why I have a true Russian (ex military not one of the IJ-70's either) Mak and a P-64.
Thanks, the more good sources the better!
texhealer

Post by texhealer »

cichlid wrote:
boomer wrote:This makes me wonder which half you are placing yourself in. Just saying, since you have chosen to be so judgmental and all. I have found the subscribers and operators of this board to be way above average in firearms knowledge. That is the reason I come here to get knowledge from them.
I guess my ability to convey humor on a board rather than in person is limited. My intent was not to demean anyone on this board, but to point out the absurdity of the original statement, that was made on another forum, that the starter of this post referenced.

The comment I made was supposed to be from a humor standpoint, which I utterly failed at getting across.

I got it. :hi:
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Smile, we all belong to this forum because it is a good one. expressing your views are great and expected. Because one does'nt agree with another is no reason to get upset. If you don't agree it is ok to voice your opinion. I was wrong to say sutpid is as stupid does, I don't believe there are any stupid people on this board. So please accept my apology I didn't mean to belittle anyone.