Law Enforcement Officers

Info, pictures, advice...
probyt

Law Enforcement Officers

Post by probyt »

Wondering how many of the P-46 community are certified law enforcement or retired law enforcement. If so , what are your state laws concerning concealed carry for certified or retired cops.
boomer

Law Enforcement Officers

Post by boomer »

Former President George W Bush signed into law after 9/11 that any LEO, active or retired may carry a CCW anywhere in the United States by Federal Law. He only need to carry his department ID and follow his departments policy.

Boomer
mellisallen

Law Enforcement Officers

Post by mellisallen »

i didnt know that but it makes me happy to hear
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Law Enforcement Officers

Post by anjdrifter »

boomer wrote:Former President George W Bush signed into law after 9/11 that any LEO, active or retired may carry a CCW anywhere in the United States by Federal Law. He only need to carry his department ID and follow his departments policy.

Boomer
we or at least I dont like to broad cast that little rule.there are also a couple of more requirements you must follow
boomer

Re: Law Enforcement Officers

Post by boomer »

They must be local department policy rules from your department and I see no harm in informing bad guys that the old man you are considering mugging is a retired cop carrying a pistol for protection. I am a firm believer in letting my position be known.

I am too old to fight anymore!
I am too old to run anymore!
I am not going to take a beating!

This is what is going to happen now and then I take control as I was taught.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

boomer wrote:They must be local department policy rules from your department and I see no harm in informing bad guys that the old man you are considering mugging is a retired cop carrying a pistol for protection. I am a firm believer in letting my position be known.

I am too old to fight anymore!
I am too old to run anymore!
I am not going to take a beating!

This is what is going to happen now and then I take control as I was taught.
Boomer, I agree completey. I work security about 6 months a year & carry a glock, but the P-64 is my carry weapon...all the time. Its one gun I trust my life on.
vermilionmakarov

Post by vermilionmakarov »

I'm armed security OPOTA certified as well as privately CCW cert. I think off the job I'll be doing a lot of CCW. On the job you have to open carry and only where the company lets ya.