Found P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by abwehr »

When I am out of town, I always check out the local gun shops. I found a NIB P-64 with the triangular hammer in one today, but they wanted $229 +tax and I still feel that is waaaay to much. Now tomorrow that may be an excellent price, LOL!

But while I was there, I was looking ofr their used pistols and finally found the glass case at the rear of the shop. There was a very nice Russian reblued and import stamped 1939 Luger for sale at $499. It was not matching, had some minor spotting on the barrel, but would be a good buy for a shooter pistol. While taking a last look before leaving, I saw a smallish SA and it was a VZOR-70 (CZ-70), .32 auto pistol. The price was $149 so I had a look. It was approx. 98% with blue wear on the muzzle from being in a holster. I checked it out and bought it! Almost anything that shoots today and is safe to fire is a bargain for $150. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet, but will try to do that tommrrow. Now I only need to find another P-64 for no more than $180 locally!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Found P-64

Post by nbender »

Well abwehr, you made me look.

Gunbroker has 4 VZOR-70s for sale. New ones up to $350 that are "modernized" and an old one in good shape for $135 (plus all the shipping and transfer fees you can handle). Sounds like you got a good deal, and the pistol looks interesting. Someday I'll venture in to .32 ...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by abwehr »

I am a sucker for old and ugly Military pistols of all type. The Czech pistols are probably some of the ugliest, but they are well made. I have a number of other .32 auto pistols, so this caliber is no problem for me adding another caliber. The pistol finish is about 98%, but not a very great job with the bluing. Also, the metal polishing certainly lacks detail. Still, any thing that shoots and is reliable is worth $150 I say!

Here is a photo of one. This is not my pistol.

Last edited by abwehr on October 23rd, 2006, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve98664

Found P-64

Post by steve98664 »

I like my CZ70 too! I cannot recommend SOG, since some have really had problems, but mine was 170 (with handpick), plus 12 for shipping, plus 15 FFL. It showed up mint (refurbished) with the small exception of a ding/scratch on the forward bottom part of the frame just under the tip of the slide. No bluing wear, really looked like NIB. The grips had some box/storage marks.

I put CZ50 grips on it because they look better to me.

Fiocchi SJHP ammo is awesome for this pistol! Very powerful stuff.

Here is what the 10 dollar CZ70/50 holster from SOG looks like. It is new, storage marks, but needs stretching to fit your pistol! I have not stretched mine fully yet. I hope it works. (This is not my pistol/holster in these bottom 2 pics, but my holster is exactly the same).

Last edited by steve98664 on October 24th, 2006, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by abwehr »

Steve,

Thanks for posting a photo of the holster. I wonder if SOG will sell a holster only? Did you have to call and ask if they have holsters in stock? I looked on their website and they did not show any accessories. I would not mind having a spare magazine too, plus I probably could buy a few more items if they have a minumum amount.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Found P-64

Post by normsutton »

abwehr

CZ 50/70

http://www.ssmedwi.com/

Czechoslovakian manufactured, .32 acp, double action, fixed barrel pistols, similar in size to Walther PP. Safety decocker on left grip in frame, 7 round mag., manufactured in the 70's. Comes with one extra magazine. Guns were used in Israel and are in very good condition.

$139.00

SHONA has had these for about 2 month's I didn't know any boy would be interested see it's not a 9x18

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
tunnelrat

Found P-64

Post by tunnelrat »

Now I only need to find another P-64 for no more than $180 locally!
Yup, $180 is still a good price for the P-64.

At the gunshow here in Toledo, OH this past weekend, there was a fella selling P-64's for $149 out the door. I didn't have enough cash with me, but I managed to convince one of my friends to pick one up.

Keep your eyes open, there are still P-64's out there for $150 ~
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by abwehr »

Norm,

The prices SSME are great even paying the shipping and FFL Transfer. This would put the P-64 about $180 total fro me. I agree with "tunnelrat" that that price is good for the P-64. I just annot bring myself to pay the $229 for the one at the gun shop; I guess I am too cheap, LOL.

I got to look at the CZ-70 a little closer last night and the pistol is ion great condition except the very minor blue wear right at the muzzle. I can't wait to give it try and see how it shoots. The SA has a long triggerpull, but breaks easy. The DA is almost as bad as the P-64. That is interesting that they came from Isreal. I wonder what agency there was using them. I thought the Czech Police may used them. Oh yea, I like the CZ-50 grips "steve" put on his pistol. They certainly look better than the CZ70 grips!

tunnelrat,

The $149 OTD is the best price I have seen for any P-64 so far. If I found this price locally, I would have to pick up several more just for the heck of it.
steve98664

Found P-64

Post by steve98664 »

abwehr ,

SOG doesn't post half of the items they sell on their website. They have a flyer but only distribute it to dealers. My FFL guy gave me a copy of his.

SOG definitely sells the holster by itself, but the holster is very small. I think it needs a lot of work to resize it because the leather on it is thick. I haven't resized mine yet, but the holster is marked for CZ50/70 pistols, so I'm hoping its possible. I like this type of holster and I bought mine seperately from SOG.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by abwehr »

steve,

I really like the looks of your holster! I found a couple on ebay, the sellers states is for the CZ50/70, but they are actually for the CZ 50. I will try to call SOG today if I get the time. Thanks for the information!
Last edited by abwehr on October 25th, 2006, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Found P-64

Post by himmel »

man, that's annoying! One of the two gunshops I frequent here has two used CZ 50/70 s, they are priced at around $250--but I already have my .32, so I guess I should be satisfied. I'm with Abwehr, I wonder what the Israelis were using them for--they have a thriving arms industry of their own, and they don't seem like the types to use the often sniffed-at .32 acp...

abwehr

CZ 50/70

http://www.ssmedwi.com/

Czechoslovakian manufactured, .32 acp, double action, fixed barrel pistols, similar in size to Walther PP. Safety decocker on left grip in frame, 7 round mag., manufactured in the 70's. Comes with one extra magazine. Guns were used in Israel and are in very good condition.

$139.00

SHONA has had these for about 2 month's I didn't know any boy would be interested see it's not a 9x18

NORM
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Found P-64

Post by normsutton »

Right now SHONA I think is on vacation

but she has an importer's license so any question call her or email her , she is very honest and a pleasure to talk to , Ihave bought from her 4 P-64's and 7 other hand gun's . I only live 30 min's away.

ssmedwi@verizon.net

SSME Deutsche Waffen, Inc.

408 W. Renfro St., #107J

Plant City, FL 33563

Telephone 813-785-1833

813-754-8665

Fax: 813-659-3361

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage